Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Webmail

Options
  • 15-04-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Have a business Unix acct with Hosting365 - not a huge fan of their webmail app - anyone know if there's a way to add your own webmail front end atall atall?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Sure, if your account comes with php functionality there is a load of php based webmail applications out there.

I use squirrelmail myself, which I have customised with a good few plugins.

Others that have a good rep are:
    - Ilohamail
    - IMP/Horde (might have some difficulty getting this to run on a shared hosting environment

I've been meaning to have a look at RoundCube for a while which also looks nice.

Have a look on places like www.hotscripts.com for more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Does something need to be changed in DNS settings or something along those lines? Mail is not my strong point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

We use other webmail systems. Have you tried roundcube at webmail.hosting365.com ?

Ooooh nice - is there any way of having that available at a subdomain on my domain with my branding? Just install myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Yep, you can install it yourself, we're working on a one-click installer for it at the moment, so you can easily install and brand any way you like ! :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Steve, might give it a go tonight.

Advertisement