Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help New Netgear Modem

• 15-04-2006 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

My ZyXEL Prestige 623R-T1 modem finally went yesterday. So went out today got a new modem Netgear DG834G Wireless ADSL Modem Router from PC World. Anyway set up all the wires ect turn on the modem go into it so that I can config it username@iolbb password ect but it doesnt connect for some reason? :confused:

Anyhelp anyone :confused:

EDIT:
    When I try wizard setup this is what i get

The Wizard was unable to establish a connection.
    Please check the DSL cable before continuing.

even tho it is pluged in

EDIT: unpluged the filter & the wizard worked but then it said
    The DNS address cannot be obtained automactically with this IP address settings
    please enter a DNS address before saving.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

There was problems posted here before about modems bought in PC World because settings and phone cables a frim the UK.
    Try your original phone cable that you used with the ZyXEL without a filter.
    Settings are:
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Primary DNS: 194.125.2.241
    Sec. DNS: 194.125.2.240

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

yea i changed that but now i cant even get in2 the modem. I pressed the reset button at the back & now i cant access the modem all i get in cannot find web page. But the most fustrating thing is that I have got in2 twice but it cut out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Use the lan connection until you have it connected. Reset the modem(pressing the button in) power off the modem, then back on. And connect in again.

//offtopic - Strange, I've noticed one of my neighbours has a NETGEAR ssid showing, you wouldn't be in New Muirhevna

Now its just teasing me. I can get on for about 3 secs then it disconnects!! :mad:

It has something 2 do with the Gateway like in My Network Con I would have Dial Up, Gateway & Lan but once the Gateway goes I cant access the modem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Don't rule out the possibility of the Netgear being faulty.

• Advertisement

Got it 2 work. :D :cool:

All i had to do was update the Firmware :o

Advertisement