Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Films

Options
  • 15-04-2006 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

i thought I'd do this one here since in the film forum they might get confused with the sort of 'fantasy' films I'm looking for.

Basically I'm buying a few fantasy themed movies suitable for young kids (and if I'm honest older daddies).

Basically what I've put infor so far are:
    The princess bride
    Willow
    Legend (not so sure about this one but it was cheap)
    I'm almost toying with the idea of the D7D series as well (for historical purposes you understand).

So anything left out thats worth revisting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

"Dark Crystal" was a favourite of mine as a kid. It's a Jim Henson thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

i thought I'd do this one here since in the film forum they might get confused with the sort of 'fantasy' films I'm looking for.

How so?

Anywho, you should definetly add Labyrinth to your list. An absolute classic. Return To Oz might be worth a look. Also, I assume you're not adversed to animated films? So, definetly take a look at The Last Unicorn.

Other than that,I think some of Miyazaki's films were really the only films to have re-captured the wonder and magic of those classic films. So take a look at Spirited Away and Castle In The Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ahh yes dark crystal and Labyrinth.

Am I right in thinking that the dark crystal is having a sequel made and the last unicorn is been remade?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Am I right in thinking that the dark crystal is having a sequel made...
    So I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Am I right in thinking that the dark crystal is having a sequel made and the last unicorn is been remade?

You are indeed. The Dark Crystal sequel is called The Power Of The Dark Crystal, but the remake of the Last Unicorn has been scrapped, as far as I know.

Another film you might want to check out is Mirrormask. Now I've not actually seen it, but it's supposed to be very good indeed, and it often gets likened to Labyrinth. I thought it had something to do with the aforementioned film, not sure what though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

kiki's delivery service
    The never ending storybut only the first one the rest were crap.
    Peter Pan the recent live action one.
    My neighbour Totoro
    " Next stop little sister"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I remember enjoying Dragonslayer when I was a kid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082288/

Advertisement