Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia adapter cable

• 15-04-2006 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭

Totally peed off: I just spent €60 on a PC Adapter cable for my Nokia 5140i and it doesnt work. Windows says it can't find drivers for it, even though I got an installation CD with the cable and also downloaded and installed Nokia PC Suite as well. It's the CA-42 cable, listed here:http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,79898,00.html
    It's compatible with my model so that can't be the problem. I was gonna get the DKU-5 but that isn't compatible with the fone according to that chart.
    Should I just buy an infrared adapter instead? It's only for transferring pics I want it for anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

These cables can be a little odd, make sure you don't have any other Nokia software installed. Make sure you have the latest version of the nokia software from the Nokia support site.

If that doesn't work bring it back for a refund!

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭lukin

I installed Nokia PC Suite which allows infrared communication with the 'phone (the 'phone is infrared enabled) but that doesn't work either.
    I dunno if it's the laptop or the 'phone is the reason for this.I'm gonna try out a friend's infrared 'phone to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

who did you buy it from, just bring it back and get it changed or test it out in the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭lukin

Car Phone WareHouse in Ballincollig, Cork.
    Just wondering about infrared: Do I need any other hardware to make it work? I am not sure if I am doing it right. My laptop and mobile are both infrared-enabled:what I do is just activate the infrared connectivity on the mobile and then hold it close to the laptop.
    It doesn't connect though.

Advertisement