Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto Assault

Options
  • 15-04-2006 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I normally hate MMO's, but auto assault has piqued my curiosity due to the automotive nature of it. Since its a monthly subscription type game, I'd rather not spend my money and find out I hate it, and I can't find a playable demo. Has anyone actually played it? Is it good? Anything of note to say about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I was in the beta test, for the last few weeks. The serveres were only "switched on" on saturadays and thursdays, I think. I found it pretty enjoyable. Its ncsoft, as well, who do alot of pretty popular MMORPG's. That said, it should be a while before its actually commercially available, at least afaik.

Anyway, sorry I cant say more but its late...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Ivan wrote:
    I was in the beta test, for the last few weeks. The serveres were only "switched on" on saturadays and thursdays, I think. I found it pretty enjoyable. Its ncsoft, as well, who do alot of pretty popular MMORPG's. That said, it should be a while before its actually commercially available, at least afaik.

Anyway, sorry I cant say more but its late...
    i saw it in game on thursday for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

it's already out

i heard about it but didn't realise it was an MMO... dunno if i want to pay monthly to race people when i can just play burnout on my ps2 online etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its not a racing game, its more of a bolt-weapons-on-and-kill-stuff game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

any reviews for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Think Interstate '76, except with bigger guns and without the 70's-ness.

Ah dammit. That's made me want it now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Stephen wrote:
    Its not a racing game, its more of a bolt-weapons-on-and-kill-stuff game.

Twisted metal black: online?

There's a reader review on eurogamer but its based on the beta version back in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is there a free trial with the retail game?

kdjac

i think there's 2 10-day trial vouchers in the box. I recall seeing something to that effect on the box in gamestop yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Played in the beta, very fast paced spammy game, real good pick up and play kind of game, if you like senseless destruction in anything from a motor bike to a 40 ton tank, its worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

They're really pushing it in Game at the moment. Big budgets like that tend to put me off a bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

racing a car online sounds like fun but in a fun wuick game way, TM does that nicely to have my own car i dont want to pay for iy to play.

May try it for a bit.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Come to think of it, the beta must have ended several weeks ago. I kinda got into Guild wars and forgot all about it. Oh well, I stand corrected. I'd still recommend the game to anyone who thinks they might even remotely like it.

Picked it up today (I would have just downloaded it from ncsoft, except that they charge the same as shops charge, and with the shop bought version you get the usual box + dvd, pretty big manual, map, etc etc).

I'll see how it goes.

Advertisement