Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Media Award Nominations

• 15-04-2006 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Has anyone else seen them yet? Any comments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭toffeeman

They are verrrrrry slow in finalising the shortlists. They were supposed to be out by the end of last week.

Don't know how they expect people to attend (especially the few non Dublin entries) without giving a bit of notice.

The list of judges is quite impressive and judging by their comments on last years entries, they can be very cutting about work that they deem to be poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

The first nominations went up a week and a half ago and they STILL haven't put up the full list - Editor and Newspaper of the Year are two of the categories that still haven't been put up yet. Ridiculous.

Anyone care to make any predictions/wild unfounded guesses? My money is on Trinity News beating the UCD Observer to Newspaper of the year... but then I may be slightly biased...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭toffeeman

stargal wrote:
    My money is on Trinity News beating the UCD Observer to Newspaper of the year... but then I may be slightly biased...:D

Or a non-Dublin paper could win.... Has that ever happened before?

Anyone know what time these things usually finish at? Do the judges show up on the night?

Advertisement