Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos...!

Options
  • 16-04-2006 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

I went into an Argos Store about 6 weeks ago now and bought some exercise equipment. They didn't have any in stock at the time so they said they would deliver. A few days later I got a call asking when would be a suitable time and date to drop it off. I ended up having to take an hour or so off work to fit it in, but no biggie.

I won't go into too much detail regarding the "day of the delivery". But to summerise it involves an ignorant delivery man who couldn't be arsed looking at a map in advance/answering his phone/doing his job. In the end I got so pissed off with all the waiting and messing about (at one point the delivery guy said "Ah sure, we'll drop it off another day" when directions to my place were deemed too complex! PLUS we offered to meet him at an unmissable landmark to HELP HIM DO HIS JOB), I rang up Argos and told them to cancel the order. They apologise and arranged to refund me by cheque.

After several phonecalls from Argos trying to re-arrange the delivery (despite me clearly cancelling it) I eventually get a letter from them. In the letter they apologise, say they are investigating the incident and give me a e10 voucher..! But I've been waiting about 5 weeks now for my e200 cheque refund!

What the hell???? I'm never using Argos again for anything!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I ordered a double bed off them in February. Had to wait about ten days for delivery. I had to take the morning off work to take delivery - they said it'd be between 7am-1pm so I got up at 7am, and they didn't show up til 12! I was working as a contractor just around the corner at the time so I could have worked til 11.30 if they'd rung in advance.

When the bed was put together, we realised they had given us a king size mattress for our double bed. I rang Argos and they said it would be another WEEK before they could deliver the correct mattress! In the meantime, I get stuck with an uncomfortable bed. When they came to deliver the new mattress, no one had told them about collecting the old one. I had to have a heated discussion with these guys on my doorstep at 7am on a Tuesday morning before they'd take it back!..

Nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Dont get me started on Argos. Worked there for about 8 weeks a few years back, I think this smiley says it all :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I've been working there for 6 years :eek::eek::eek: I would NEVER recommend anyone buy stuff from Argos direct. Just an insiders opinion really! They are incompetent and idiotic and its us in the shop who get sh!t from the customers because of Argos direct failing to deliver/collect/refund etc. Its not as if we can do anything. We just take the order and its up to Argos Direct to process and deliver (which they rarely do competently)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jellycopter

What do you reckon is my best course of action regarding getting my refund, Nightwish? I've already spoken to about 5 people at this point but my post box is still empty....!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Be polite but firm when talking to them. Go back to the store where you paid for the item, ask them could they intervene. Please for the love of god dont take out your frustration on the store staff first. I have been on the receiving end of an unbelievable amount of abuse because of Argos Directs cock ups. Thats why I hate them - so incompetent.
    Anyway bring your receipt to the customer service counter and ask them to ring Argos Direct for you and explain that you have gotten nowhere in your dealings with them. Hopefully they'll be able to resolve it for you. Ask in the store if they could tell Argos Direct that you want a cash refund and not a cheque. (I'm taking that you paid by cash/cheque and that you are not in possession of the goods).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭jellycopter

Cheers for the advice, I'll do that. Rest assured though, I'm totally not the type to take out my frustration on innocent shop staff/customers services folks. I used to work in that industry and am all to aware of the rudeness they can suffer and ultimately how pointless it is to take things out on the poor sap who just happens to be on the frontline at that particular moment!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'd love to know why it takes them a WEEK to deliver the *correct* item. Do they only have one van? They made the f*ck up, not me, and I had to suffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

A lot of orders come from England ,so i would say they have to fill a large lorry before they'll send it over here.
    I wouldn't bother with that part of their service ,it's really only for the english market I would say.

Advertisement