Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Query... UK import.

Options
  • 16-04-2006 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I brought in a car from the UK a week ago, VRT and road tax have been sorted ok.

When I rang the NCT to make a booking the woman said that the registration didn't exist.
    I explained that the car had only been imported and she said to wait until the log book arrived before I tried to book the test, as this would give time for the car to appear on the system!

The log book arrived yesterday and I have just tried to book online..the website reports;

"A vehicle corresponding to the information entered does not exist"

Is the NCT due date calculated from the original date of registration in the UK (01/08/98) or the date of registration here (08/04/06)?

Should I just wait to receive a letter from the NCT?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭sector

Centari wrote:
    I brought in a car from the UK a week ago, VRT and road tax have been sorted ok.

When I rang the NCT to make a booking the woman said that the registration didn't exist.
    I explained that the car had only been imported and she said to wait until the log book arrived before I tried to book the test, as this would give time for the car to appear on the system!

The log book arrived yesterday and I have just tried to book online..the website reports;

"A vehicle corresponding to the information entered does not exist"

Is the NCT due date calculated from the original date of registration in the UK (01/08/98) or the date of registration here (08/04/06)?

Should I just wait to receive a letter from the NCT?

Thanks.

NCT has got to be the date it's registered here I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Book over the telephone, it's not straight-forward in their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Your nct date falls on the cars first bday anniversery (in your case 01/08/98)

You need to contact your local nct centre and supply them with your cars details as it wont be on there system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

go to your local NCT centre with the VLC ( vehicle licensing cert ) which they will copy and enter on their system. it takes about 4 days to update the system and you will then be able to book a test.

are you sure he has to go to the actual testing centre, rather than contacting NCTS directly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

yes he must go locally as there are a lot of details on a vlc which need to be entered on the system and the chance of a mistake being made when calling out a seventeen digit chassis number over the phone is fairly large.
    his test date will be based on the origional uk first registration date which is the same for any import once the details are known.

nice one, must remember that. thing is, when my mother imported her Corolla they contacted her, she didn't need to do any of that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I was under the impression that a car had to undergo the NCT immediately on entering the state (if 4 yrs plus old). Looked at a '99 Yaris imported from the north with 18month MOT, but the dealer swaid he'd have to NCT it if I was interested

Advertisement