Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money abroad using IBAN?

Options
  • 16-04-2006 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I live in the North and want to open euro bank account, that part seems straight forward but my main reason for doing so is to send money to Europe where they are all in euros too.

Can I use internet banking to send the money to IBAN codes in other countries for free or is there a charge?

Obviously I can send a euro cheque but I know in some countries e.g. France they all transfer money between their bank accounts and use IBAN / SWIFT to do it.

Any one any knowledge? I have to pay £25stg to transfer money using IBAN code from my stg account in North and I'm sick of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

AIB now allow you to do IBAN/BIC transfers via their Internet banking website. There was supposed to be a 20c (down from 75c offline) charge, but the last one I transacted did not appear to have one apprended.

Advertisement