Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vectra's ebay bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

.....:rolleyes: thats four!! hehe cheers, mite put in bid w8n to find out if its 2.5 r wat u wouldnt happen to be able to tell??:confused:
    "a" is a letter?:o Its the normal 2.5 engine, when I say normal it has a different cooling head and changes to the port. I can't tell the difference between the 2 in terms of power output and tuning ease:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

wat would be the highest price you'd pay?

oh and would you recommend getting pullstart? theress one there for 17E :rolleyes:

Ah for that and the condition its in(good) and RTR execpt fuel I'd pay E250-E300 maybe:)

oh and would you recommend getting pullstart? theress one there for 17E :rolleyes:
    Pullstart is good for racing, it sheds a good bit of weight off the truck. E17 is good value for a brand new one.
    Jeez your a fast typer:eek:

• Advertisement

hehehe typing tutor in 3rd class!!! that, and msn!! lol yeh, and fast at spending money!! ya c i've bin looking to get my savage "just right" but it aint bin happenin, so (altho parents permission would be hard!!) id like to get this and then work on my savage in the background, but at the same time, im gona put in a v. low bid, which will make it worth while, against perfecting the savage!!!

IMO sell the savage RTR with fuel and get that T-maxx, it will possibly end up cheaper and plus the time wasting of having to look after both trucks.

how much wud i get 4 it?? like xtra bod shell, 52t gear

I don't know much about savages but I reckon you could get maybe E350.
    Try E400 and let them bargen you down to E350:D
    EDIT: I'd knew you'd stop posting sometime, I win:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

dont sell the savage, tho if you want to you can give it to me, no payment hassle needed:D 2 trucks would be nice but i wouldnt switch from savaage too t-maxx, hop up th savage :)

• Advertisement

The savage x is a hell of alot slower than the maxx. I read a review of both trucks, the savage x went 33mph while the maxx speed up to 43mph anyway the T-maxx is more tunable:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Plug wrote:
    The savage x is a hell of alot slower than the maxx. I read a review of both trucks, the savage x went 33mph while the maxx speed up to 43mph anyway the T-maxx is more tunable:)
    How is the T-maxx more tunable ?

Everything in the suspention department can be adjusted, caster, toe in, chamber, ride height etc. The savage only has a few settings for the suspention. There is alot more parts available to hop up the Maxx than the savage aswel. Also I dont understand why the savage is 1/8 scale, how come the T maxx bodies fit it perfect and thats only a 1/10 scale truck. Its the size of the body that relates to the scale of it:confused:

yeah on RCCA the t-maxx was only 2% better, I would still go for the svage over the t-maxx or revo since it has proven to be the more durable
    EDIT: that was the Savage X v. T-Maxx 3.3

Plug wrote:
    ...Its the size of the body that relates to the scale of it:confused:...
    So if they put a 1/16 body on the genisis (bigest 1/8th) it will bcome a 1/16th sclae truck? ha i doub it it:D

I have seen videos of savages jump and snap all 8 of the shock shafts:eek: I dont exactly call the durable:rolleyes: IMO the T-maxx and Revo would leave the savage in the dust in a race:cool: The 3.3 is more powerful than than the much bigger savage .25 engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Well, The day I went to Limerick and saw the Savage 25 on display I was wondering if it was a savage at all as i was expecting something much bigger.
    If anything my revo looked a lot wider and Nicer :D

And My sons T-Maxx was deffo the same size if not bigger as well.
    Like I said . I was surprised as I thought 1/8 would tower over 1/10 :(

Go for the T-Maxx and buy a 3.3 engine later for it.. :D

Flunked wrote:
    So if they put a 1/16 body on the genisis (bigest 1/8th) it will bcome a 1/16th sclae truck? ha i doub it it:D
    Yes in a way(only if it came stock with it):rolleyes: ......I meant the savage is a "1/8 scale truck" and the T-maxx is a 1/10 scale, WTF do they call it 1/8 scale when its not. Supposin if the savage is the biggest RC truck and still has a 1/10 scale body well then its still 1/10 scale. If you had a small truck with a 1/10 body its a 1/10 then. I think they do this just to get people to buy it.
    vectra wrote:
    Well, The day I went to Limerick and saw the Savage 25 on display I was wondering if it was a savage at all as i was expecting something much bigger.
    If anything my revo looked a lot wider and Nicer

And My sons T-Maxx was deffo the same size if not bigger as well.
    Like I said . I was surprised as I thought 1/8 would tower over 1/10

Go for the T-Maxx and buy a 3.3 engine later for it..
    The T-maxx and revo are taller than the thing, so much for 1/8 scale.
    .....and yeah your right about the 3.3;)

Plug wrote:
    I have seen videos of savages jump and snap all 8 of the shock shafts:eek: I dont exactly call the durable:rolleyes: IMO the T-maxx and Revo would leave the savage in the dust in a race:cool: The 3.3 is more powerful than than the much bigger savage .25 engine.
    I have seen a savage jump at least 20 feet and come out looking ok, I suppose there are a lot of factors that have to be taken in to consideration, I have jumped my savage full speed off ramps went about 10-12 feet in to the air and there was no damage whatsoever.
    *edit*
    I have also hit a tree head on at about 30mph and the tree came off worse
    http://www.hpi-europe.com/show_video.php?lang=en&videoID=56

• Advertisement

hmmmm im gona bid me thinks, c how things go. i mliking the idea of gettin 3.3 l8r 2!!!

Impreesive but I think this is better. Its the revo 2.5r. http://www.traxxas.com/products/video/trx_video_vault.htm
    Look at the first and the third one down:eek:
    hmmmm im gona bid me thinks, c how things go. i mliking the idea of gettin 3.3 l8r 2!!!
    3.3 and what?:confused:

the t-maxx, if i get it, but bids are goin up an up :eek:

Plug wrote:
    Impreesive but I think this is better. Its the revo 2.5r. http://www.traxxas.com/products/video/trx_video_vault.htm
    Look at the first and the third one down:eek:

3.3 and what?:confused:
    Impressive looking truck, but it still doesn't uphold your "spurious" claim about durability I think that Savge video proves otherwise. :D
    I have posted video evidence to back up my claim :)
    Lets see a counter video !

heheheh atm im trying to upload a vid of my savage to c if sum1 can tell me wats wrong with it, but i hit a trampoline.....but its all fine!! it is defo durable, i can give it that

tallus wrote:
    Impressive looking truck, but it still doesn't uphold your "spurious" claim about durability I think that Savge video proves otherwise. :D
    I have posted video evidence to back up my claim :)
    Lets see a counter video !
    Did you not watch the videos I posted(kinda) for you?

And no leaf clover just place very small bids;)

I did, but I didn't see any jumps :/ maybe I looked at the wrong ones?

your all biased ;-) I reccomend you goto the RCCA forums (http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=114) and post, you wont get such a biased ansewer :) only listn to those who say they have both trucks (yes there is a few) :)

Ok took a look, I looked at different videos first time around, but I still see nothing that comes even close to the Savage jump in the video link I posted.

• Advertisement

tallus wrote:
    Ok took a look, I looked at different videos first time around, but I still see nothing that comes even close to the Savage jump in the video link I posted.

Well guys.
    All I can say is that this is a never ending discussion on every forum you would wish to visit.
    At the end of the day, They are both well known and robust trucks,
    ( well all 3 inc. the Revo)

And in my mind it all comes down to the buyers choice.
    myself?
    I am totally happy with my choice of a Revo. I would not buy a T-Maxx after using my sons one to compare with my revo.
    Then again. my son often has a run with my Revo and is never totally imporessed with it.. he would prefer his T-maxx and says he will never part with it.
    I asked him if he wanted a Savage to add to his collection for Christmas.. he said "Nah.!" Get me an FG Monster Truck if you like..!! :eek:
    Cheeky bugger.. :D

Advertisement