Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vectra's ebay bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

What do you mean..
    What a truck
    ?? :confused:

It's still a Savage.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

She's nice alright;)

:mad: ...................cheeky..............:D :D

hehehe i no, but everything has faults!!!!gona leave my savvy in, get it sorted once and for all1!!

Leeve it in were?

• Advertisement

the bin.......................................

;):D:D

......or give to plug:D

heheeh nah, greenhobbyandmodel will have the joy of working on it,

Why whats actually wrong with it?

• Advertisement

Plug wrote:
    Why whats actually wrong with it?

it looks great, sounds great....wen its not on the ground , then when its on the ground it has no power but is hammering out the revs, that and the pullstart the pull start is something that nothing can really be done about tho,

it looks great, sounds great....wen its not on the ground , then when its on the ground it has no power but is hammering out the revs, that and the pullstart the pull start is something that nothing can really be done about tho,

What do you mean hammering out the revs ??
    just sitting there and revving its N*tz off when you work the throttle?
    That sounds like Clutch slipping or something? :confused:

And what you mean nothing can be done with pullstart..
    i thought the savvys had a Roto start system?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

some have rotostart some have pullstart I think the savage 25 ss has a pullstart, whereas the savage 25 rtr has rotostart.

tallus wrote:
    some have rotostart some have pullstart I think the savage 25 ss has a pullstart, whereas the savage 25 rtr has rotostart.

Surely they are interchangable?:confused:

I didnt think Savages were that crappy..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Hey Ill happily take it off you :D no need for green hobby:p and theres no postage or shipping too me
    go wan..... you know you want to:eek:

vectra wrote:
    Surely they are interchangable?:confused:

I didnt think Savages were that crappy..:rolleyes:
    LOL:D

jeez vectra, who tainted ur views of savages so much, heheheh mine was 25rtr, but i got a pull start fitted as the roto start pi$$ed me off!! yeh if you see the cideo flunked put up of it, the same noise is achieved on the ground.with no speed!! well, very little!!

jeez vectra, who tainted ur views of savages so much, heheheh mine was 25rtr, but i got a pull start fitted as the roto start pi$$ed me off!! yeh if you see the cideo flunked put up of it, the same noise is achieved on the ground.with no speed!! well, very little!!

I was only jesting... :D

You know the old debate over which is best.. HPI ot Traxxas..
    Like the chicken and the egg story..:rolleyes:

anyway.
    have you checked for clutch slip?

Read this
    HPI Slipper clutch Walkthrough..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

they are interchangable yes, but not without taking the engine out and changing the back plate and adding whichever fixture you need.
    If savages were so crappy heh, why are there so many of them about :D They are an excellent truck and can take a good pounding without falling apart, I mean I have hit trees with mine going pretty fast and got no damage whatsoever. I have upgraded my engine and bought hopup brakes and a three speed gearbox yes, but everything else is standard in it. Tbh the upgrades were to do with me having more money than sense at the time than performance related issues.

• Advertisement

tallus wrote:
    they are interchangable yes, but not without taking the engine out and changing the back plate and adding whichever fixture you need.
    If savages were so crappy heh, why are there so many of them about :D They are an excellent truck and can take a good pounding without falling apart, I mean I have hit trees with mine going pretty fast and got no damage whatsoever. I have upgraded my engine and bought hopup brakes and a three speed gearbox yes, but everything else is standard in it.

Of course they are good trucks.. (just not as good the the Revo) :rolleyes:

Joke...Joke..!! :D
    tallus wrote:
    Tbh the upgrades were to do with me having more money than sense at the time than peagree with..rformance related issues

Now that is a statement I can agree with..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

thats the whole reason why i bought the spcter over the stormracer. more money then sence.

vectra wrote:
    have you checked for clutch slip?

Read this
    HPI Slipper clutch Walkthrough..!!

very very interesting...that would appear to be the exact thing and i have just refitted the spur gear aswell, only problem is im going to be particularly busy for next three weeks so while i will check for melting at the back of the spur gear, itll still prob go to green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Hey Vectra!!

You know those cars you could collect bits every week opel Astra how much would they fech for I have one never really used it! Well over a grand spent on it the lot with it spark plug all that stuff?

Might sell it on this site when I get a few pictures!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

I think those cars are only about 200 euro new, maybe even less :(

Hey Vectra!!

You know those cars you could collect bits every week opel Astra how much would they fech for I have one never really used it! Well over a grand spent on it the lot with it spark plug all that stuff?

Might sell it on this site when I get a few pictures!!

I got offered one that was never used (Minus Radio Gear) €100..:eek:

I reckon in the region of €150 MAX. if it is complete. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

Are they the electric ones or the nitro ones?

I got an almost complete electric one (needed some parts but i was buying it as parts) for something like 40 euro!

SLIM19198 wrote:
    Are they the electric ones or the nitro ones?

I got an almost complete electric one (needed some parts but i was buying it as parts) for something like 40 euro!

Nitro

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

..... how much would they fetch for I have one never really used it! Well over a grand spent on it the lot with it spark plug all that stuff? Might sell it on this site when I get a few pictures!!
    SLIM19198 wrote:
    I think those cars are only about 200 euro new, maybe even less :(
    vectra wrote:
    ...(Minus Radio Gear) €100..:eek: I reckon in the region of €150 MAX. if it is complete. :o
    That seems like a bit price gap - but joebhoy1916 will presumeably have a bunch of car magazines too which he didn't mention.

• Advertisement

coolwings wrote:
    but joebhoy1916 will presumeably have a bunch of car magazines too which he didn't mention.

Yeah, But you can't drive those..:D

Take a look at thiese few examples of their value

Example "A"

Example "B"

Advertisement