Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread

• 16-04-2006 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

What. A. Dump.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭lukin

It suffers by being in close proximity to the best town in Ireland (Killarney) in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Dazzler

Have to agree with you there EssBee, it is a dump, for many and various reasons.

But, in the towns defence, they have made an effort in the town recently,with some new refurb around the square.

Shopping wise, it is far superior to Killarney. It has Manor West retail park which is very popular.

Worringly, for Tralee, Killarney is catching up with new major retail units opening in the next 2 years.

Until then, I will just have to suffer Tralee, if only for the shopping!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

TRalee is a pavee infested ****hole i dont care what anyone says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 andrew1950

For any person over the age of 21 who has a formal/Professional Diagnosis of ADHD, for families of such individuals there is a contact Group available through a Site called ADHDNews.. It is called The Irish ADHD Board. It is been run by an Adult ADHDer who is also Running the local group in Kerry.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Do I have anything to say in defence of Tralee? Tomblike silence

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 EssBee

Tralee has some fine women. Pity their all a bunch of stinkin' bitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Tralee is a beautiful area partially ruined by the scum that live here.
    Just a mile out the road you have Blennerville and loads of other gorgeous areas nearby.

The council have been busy sorting the town out in many ways lately. They've put that rubbish fountain out by the Aquadome that the kids keep putting washing up liquid into. They are putting in a nice little park area down by Ballymullen too.

Manor West is improving too with Harvey Norman's just having opened and a number of new stores opening soon.

If only someone would sterilize 10-20% of the population the town would be great in a generation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

The place used to be nice a few years ago, when I was growing up there it wasnt so bad... last few yrs has really gone to the dogs though. Having said that I think the place is picking up... Im based in Limerick these days and that has really made me see that Tralee aint all that bad... would prefer to be there than Limerick....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭*Lolly*

We very rarely go into Tralee these days..... If we do its usually to go shopping or cinema (VERY rare) or just for a general mooch in the car at night but nothing EVER changes there... Bit like Briggadoon. But unfourtuntly it stays where it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

tralee compared to limerick it looks good. well doh!! south central LA compared to limerick would make it look like a holiday resort!!! :p;)

• Advertisement

Lmao! Venturing to limk sometime next week... Heard the shops are pretty jazzy down there!

i would say go for cork.nicer people, nicer city.im a from kerry myself but working and living in cork for the past few years. imho it is the real capital of ireland (or maybe iv been brainwashed!)!

Lol theres no way i travelling all way from listowel to cork for a dress! Lol maybe one day though!!

hmmm it would be a better dress than the one you get in dublin as a true corkperson might say! chip on the shoulder that i now actually quite like and i thinking of acquiring one about the big smoke and adopt cork as DE CAPITAL bi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

440Hz wrote:
    The place used to be nice a few years ago, when I was growing up there it wasnt so bad... last few yrs has really gone to the dogs though. Having said that I think the place is picking up... Im based in Limerick these days and that has really made me see that Tralee aint all that bad... would prefer to be there than Limerick....

im from Tralee but moved to cork years ago but when i go home what a **** hole full of scum it has gone to the dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Dunno - I quite like Tralee (except for the traffic jams) - has a nice buzz about the place on a sunny Saturday shopping day. I live about three miles outside it so don't see much scum where I live - outa sight outa mind I suppose.

If you ask me Castleisland is the hell hole capital of Ireland now there are some premium scum living there.:rolleyes:

I worked for 7 years in Limerick city and loved the place. Nice generous friendly people by and large. :)

im from Tralee but moved to cork years ago but when i go home what a **** hole full of scum it has gone to the dogs

I've lived in Tralee for the last 8-9 months and just moved back to Macroom in Cork last week.
    Went to Cork city for job hunting and was suprised by how much of a dump it was, much worse then I remember from my 2 years living there. City of culture my hole, more a city of dirty tramps and filthy streets I reckon.

RichyX wrote:
    I've lived in Tralee for the last 8-9 months and just moved back to Macroom in Cork last week.
    Went to Cork city for job hunting and was suprised by how much of a dump it was, much worse then I remember from my 2 years living there. City of culture my hole, more a city of dirty tramps and filthy streets I reckon.

Macroom lol

Dunno - I quite like Tralee (except for the traffic jams) - has a nice buzz about the place on a sunny Saturday shopping day. I live about three miles outside it so don't see much scum where I live - outa sight outa mind I suppose.

If you ask me Castleisland is the hell hole capital of Ireland now there are some premium scum living there.:rolleyes:

I worked for 7 years in Limerick city and loved the place. Nice generous friendly people by and large. :)

I wont Disagree about Castleisland at all i know what the place is like

Macroom lol

Why's that then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Demetrius

I wont Disagree about Castleisland at all i know what the place is like

Oileann Chiarrai lives up to it's seiged position alright. Except those that wage war are not knight's, though they are of the bottle throwing night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yeah whats wrong with macroom?

I went to college in Tralee a few years back, before the new campus arrived. I loved it there, i had soooo much fun, but we generally just stuck with the college people and didnt interact with tralee folk much, bunch of knackers if you ask me.

Once college was over and everyone gone their seperate ways i hate tralee more than any other place in this country. seriously....i hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

EssBee wrote:
    What. A. Dump.

I think you've just got the three words that come out of everyone's mouth who've been to Tralee other than "Rose of Tralee".... Even they usually look like the local scenery, which consists of unlimited number of knackers..

Although, much can't be said for the whole of North Kerry and moving in Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I have lived in Tralee most of my life and i have done alot of travelling also.
    Tralee is probably the place where i have felt most threatened, especially on a night out but also just walking down the street during the day.
    I think Tralee has a handfull of scumbags that just seem to do what they want around the town and always get away with it.
    Other than the scum its a normal enough town, like most towns in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 earlofstereo

festival should be a good one this year....
    check this out, the line up is amazing

flyer.jpg

http://www.bloomintralee.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭SandhillRoad

clinton009largewebviewyu0.jpg

Bill O'Mahony of Redbridge Farm ,Killfernora ,Fenit meets with President Clinton during Presidents Clinton's visit to Manhattan last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

wow

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

The last time i was in Tralee, i was there to meet a social worker...and what happened when we were walking through the square.... i slipped and landed on my ass... the feicin drama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

i am from dingle its in my fungie loving blood to hate the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

ahh yes, thats where im from :mad:

but i have to agree!!!!! :D:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement