Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondello Track Day

Options
  • 16-04-2006 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Thinking of attending one tomrrow - have not booked - not keen to risk the weather and pay in advance - rather risk not having a space and the E30 extra fee.

Some questions:

1. Helmets are required?
    2. What type of laptimes are considered OK for the international circuit for a reasonably quick car with new learner on this specific track (have driven on other tracks before)
    3. Format of driving - is it low pressure drive as you want (to learn the lines at first) or does it get aggresive and perhaps nasty?
    4. Anyone else going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Id say you'd be lucky to get on if your not prebooked,ive known guys to turn up on the day and be refused.

Helmets are required,im unaware of whats considered a good laptime and the style generally seems to be go at your own pace,just move over and let the quicker guys by!

Ill be there for a spectate myself from the morning,they've gotten hungry this year tho and are charging 10e a head (used to be 5e per car)

Bring your own food too or youl be paying 8e for a sausage roll and small bottle of 7up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Thanks for the info - might prebook for May 1 then if this is full. Will see if I go tomorrow. Just not keen on a wet track day.

Wanted to add - how many do they take per day? Is it fairly busy - anything decent or interesting (car / talent wise) come along?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Guys i had a question is a trackday insured by the insurance company, do you have to tell them or how does it work if you have an accident.

I dont believe insurance will cover track days - its pretty much use at own risk day. Prang the car - carry the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Helmets are required.
    No insurance, so if you have a nice 355, or 911, and you get minced by a 500eu beemer with bald back tyres and driver wearing a baseball cap pointing at the sky...its your tough sh1t.
    As for lap times, a guy (who knew what he was doing) in a 993 turbo did 3 laps c 2:05... on a track day last autumn. I was timing him, so they are reliable times.
    Few road cars would get in under 2 minutes.
    Just for reference a Formula Ford does it in 1:44, a Vee in 1:54, an F3 in 1:30.

Chaz wrote:
    I dont believe insurance will cover track days - its pretty much use at own risk day. Prang the car - carry the cost.

thanks chaz.also is there any restrictions to cars. can any car gone on the track even a 1.4.

No restrictions on car size, but so many apply to Mondello to go out on a trackday that they can pretty much pick the cars they want out. I would say tomorrows is well booked up...

Kersh wrote:
    No restrictions on car size, but so many apply to Mondello to go out on a trackday that they can pretty much pick the cars they want out. I would say tomorrows is well booked up...

is there any timetable or dates up for track days or is it any day.if you could give me a link it would be great.it sounds interesting.

www.mondello.ie

Most bank holiday mondays are track days..

• Advertisement

Kersh wrote:

Might still go look anyways - will prebook for 1 May then. Whats it like when it pisses rain - they still allow it to go ahead?

Kersh wrote:
    Helmets are required.
    No insurance, so if you have a nice 355, or 911, and you get minced by a 500eu beemer with bald back tyres and driver wearing a baseball cap pointing at the sky...its your tough sh1t.
    As for lap times, a guy (who knew what he was doing) in a 993 turbo did 3 laps c 2:05... on a track day last autumn. I was timing him, so they are reliable times.
    Few road cars would get in under 2 minutes.
    Just for reference a Formula Ford does it in 1:44, a Vee in 1:54, an F3 in 1:30.

Shees - the DTM BTCC guys are quick then - i guessed a road car would do 2 min - 2 min 05 ..... i think id be lucky with 2 min 20 then ....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I think Mondello is prohibitively expensive.

Get the boat and do a full day on the magnificent Anglessey circuit instead. Minutes from the Hollyhead ferry port.

i just found out my friends doing the track day today.and i really wanted to go but im stuck at home and have to study for exams coming up soon:mad:

I think Mondello is prohibitively expensive.

Get the boat and do a full day on the magnificent Anglessey circuit instead. Minutes from the Hollyhead ferry port.

It is pricy - agreed - E300 for full day is madness. Wont refer to other tracks ive driven on ..... youll sulk.

Where can I find more about this circuit and costs etc?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

http://www.angleseycircuit.com/

Budget around STG£100 for a full day. Various co's running days over there.

I'd make a w/e of it.

Advertisement