Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you support (insert team name here)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Oh yeah, my bad. Thought it was the other way around tbh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Sheffield Wednesday

Why? because I loved John Sheridan as a player and then they signed Chris Waddle.That guy was a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Arsenal: my brother got an arsenal jersey for xmas and the next year it got too small for him and was duly passed down. He then went on to support Everton:eek: Also my father is a liverpool man.....so the banter in the gaf was great at times....we used to tell the mother that she supported Man U just to give her stick:D but in the 90's she duly returned the stick - thinking about it what a nuthouse I lived in:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Sheffield Wednesday: I was 8 and thought the name was cool.

Shamrock Rovers I lived around the corner from Glenmalure Park :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Fulham F.C:
    I followed them for nearly 10 years now, I just thought it was cool that Chelsea had a rival team right beside them so I supported them, and Mohammed Al Fayed kept me supporting them with his lure of Fulham becoming the Man Utd of the south :p It'll happen, one day... oh that and Fulham has an older history than their bigger brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭BillyBoy

Pompey. Started supporting them when they signed Prosinecki. Always thought that he was a legend player and then he signed for a struggling first division team, so i thought it might be interesting to follow them

Fiorentina - Always enjoyed watching them on Channel 4 with Batigol knocking them in. Then they went out of existence and then rose from the dead. Its always been intersting following them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

and they aint doing too bad these days Billyboy. Luca Toni breaking Batigol's record for Serie A goals in a season! A CL spot still very much in the offer providing they hold off a resurgent Roma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Man Utd, because my brother supported them and I looked up to him. I think I was 7 and it was the season blackburn won the premiership

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool. My first memory of football is Bruce Grobellaar in the '84 European Cup final against Roma. The wobbly knees did it for me and I have been following them ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Big Nelly wrote:
    because I loved John Sheridan as a player

Nominated For Leeds Uniteds best ever 11 team, he missed out though. He was a great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Man Utd: I've supported them since I was about 5, at the time it was a straight choice between Utd and Liverpool and since my dad semi supported the pool I went with Utd (that and I never liked Grobbelaar)

AC Milan: Used to watch them on Football Italia when it was on RTE and in the Champions League, only realised how long I've supported them recently when I came across my tape of their CL 94/95 Quarter Final against Benfica (2-0 btw!)

Barca: mid to late 90's Luis "Judas" Figo, Luis Enrique and Rivaldo and they're not Real!

VFB Stuttgart: Present of their home & away jerseys around 97/98, Krassimir Balakov and a dislike of Bayern Munich always buying whoever they wanted in Germany.

St. Pats: Connections to the general area of Dublin they represent but Mbabazi was probably the main reason I got more interested in them.

To a lesser or greater extent I also have Boca Juniors, Paris St. Germain, PSV Eindhoven, Djurgarden and Celtic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Liverpool - brother supported them so i just decided too. Didnt have a clue about them really. It was just a handy answer to give when people asked me who i supported. Got more and more into them as time went on.

Cork city - they won the league last year, thats good enough for me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Cork city - they won the league last year, thats good enough for me! :D

Glory hunter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Arsenal for as long as i can remember

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Leeds - first team I remember watching on tv. Don't know what the match was, but I would have been about six at the time, so it was still in the Revie era. It's been a rollercoaster ever since, but I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to support another team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭DnaDog

Newcastle, started supporting them when i was 6, the real reason escapes me as nobody i knew supported them.

33 years later and still hoping and waiting :)

at least I can go through life without expecting too much whilst putting in all the effort.

I could not change and never would, I am club before country and could not think of anything worse than supporting England in the world cup, it is full of players I do not like.

Come on USA

Advertisement