Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOMTOM go

• 16-04-2006 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a TOMTOM go. Does anyone know whar mapping they use and do they cover ireland well?

Interested also to hear if anyone is using one of these and what they think. Considering a Go710 or 910. Does anyone kniw where they can be got or what the pricing is like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

They don't cover Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Go for a gps with navteq mapping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I recently got the garmin i3 and I am very inpressed with the level of detail on it. i paid 200 euro in halfords for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

i recently got a magellan roadmate 700 from halfords on the web.

has very up to date navteq maps and is a nice, easy to use unit (it's my first sat nav so nothing really to compare it to...) because it is magellan it gets regular map updates every 12 months or so, and also you can use it with google earth if you pay for a pro subscription...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

I used to work in Halfords and have sold all the makes (not all the models tho') you speak of. The TOMTOM go is useless for ireland as it uses Teleatlas mapping which is useless. Stay well away from it from GIO and from Navman.

The Magellan is a superb machine and the magellan maps are absolutely fantastic. If you're a techo you can get a lot from your magellan. However, For value for money ease of use and setup and functionality, nothing beats the new Garmin Streetpilots. They are just so easy to use. Also to set it up all you have to do is turn it on. They're neat, removable and simple to use.

Halfords sell them and when they have special offers on them they do give brilliant prices on them but look around because I've seen them for less in other stores once or twice. There are two models also with most makes (UK and Ireland) and the streetpilot is no exception. I really couldn't recomend it more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DragonG

Pataman wrote:
    Go for a gps with navteq mapping
    Nav4All seems like a good solution (they do work with navteq)... you might want to check it out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

sorry in my post up there it should have read there are two models with most makes (Uk and Ireland & Europe)

Advertisement