Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Racing on TV?

Options
  • 16-04-2006 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

ITV4, which I don't have and Eurosport which doesn't transmit here anymore, well not on my basic NTL package.
    What do I need to watch Continental racing? Digital? Sky digital?
    (I know TG4 shows Le Tour in July?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Alot of cycling tv fans would have sky digital to get Eurosport(British), or you can get a satellite dish to connect to Astro(I think), where you can get Eurosport(Int.) for free......

or you can get alot of live cycling coverage on the web on...www.cycling.tv

what I do is log onto www.cycling.tv, mute the volume, and goto www.eurosport.com, and click on live audio, so you have tv and eurosport commentators.....this is based on that eurosport is covering the race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

smithslist wrote:
    Alot of cycling tv fans would have sky digital to get Eurosport(British), or you can get a satellite dish to connect to Astro(I think), where you can get Eurosport(Int.) for free......
    You can get Eurosport for free, only in German.

But Eurosport's coverage is riddled with advertising & their commentators are mediocre. Eurosport usually try to sell you a pension or something just when Boonen is making a decisive move. Sometimes their coverage of major cycling events is quite short.

If you're really keen, the way to go is a motorised satellite dish system which can tune into different satellites, such as Astra, Hotbird and AtlanticBird. You can then get the events direct from the various national broadcasters. I watched Paris Roubaix on France3, Flanders on RTBF-Sat and Milan-San Remo on RAI. These have very few advertising breaks. If you don't know the language, the captions are still useful and you can call up a text commentary in English from sites like CyclingNews.

Once you've paid for the Satellite system, all the above are 100% free to watch.

Advertisement