Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one used e-nvi broadband yet?

• 16-04-2006 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Will be moving into a new house shortly, set up with cat-7 cabling supported by e-nvi broadband. Any one using them at the mo? Good, bad quality? Any info is welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Whats their website please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

They seem like an interesting company, although as far as I can see the don't go into the specifics regarding their broadband. What speed, cap, contention etc.

http://www.e-nvi.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Their website looks like a load of waffle to me.

20+ channels....OMFG did I go back 15 years back in time?

If their TV selection is anything to go by.....Im not too impressed!

Q.
    Had anyone actually got this installed or know of anyone with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

When I clicked on 20+ Channels there was a pic of a Sky+ remote lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

LeGioN_of wrote:
    Will be moving into a new house shortly, set up with cat-7 cabling supported by e-nvi broadband. Any one using them at the mo? Good, bad quality? Any info is welcome.

They do NOT PROVIDE ANY INTERNET , daft innit. See This thread and there is a telly workaround mentioned too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 LeGioN_of

Sponge Bob wrote:
    They do NOT PROVIDE ANY INTERNET , daft innit. See This thread and there is a telly workaround mentioned too :D

I phoned the company and they said they were servicing two sites in Dublin. One had a 3mb and the other 8 mb. My house will be in Cork but they don't know what the setup will be yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Whereabouts in Cork? Which eircom exchange are you off?
    thegills

thegills wrote:
    Whereabouts in Cork? Which eircom exchange are you off?
    thegills

The new house will be in Mallow, atm i am using Amocom wireless.

Eircom exchange would be Churchfield if i was desparete enough to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Churchfield serves Mallow?? Mabye there's a Mallow in Cork City?

Churchfield serves Mallow?? Mabye there's a Mallow in Cork City?

Note the words "will be" ;). ATM i am in the exchange area of Churchfield. But WILL BE moving to Mallow soon.

Hope that clears that up for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Ahh cool. I had a strange notion that you were moving from Dublin.

There is no MAN in Mallow so where do these people get their backhaul from, satellite or dsl ??? They will have the whole lot of ye sharing one dsl line I will wager

Tell your solicitor to ensure that you have an eircom phone line installed which can be unbundled (by BT for LLU ) because if you do not you are stuck with e-nvi and whatever they provide ....which is feck all I hear :( . Ensure the eircom phone point is on your snag list and that you confirm its installed .

Sponge Bob wrote:
    There is no MAN in Mallow so where do these people get their backhaul from, satellite or dsl ??? They will have the whole lot of ye sharing one dsl line I will wager

Tell your solicitor to ensure that you have an eircom phone line installed which can be unbundled (by BT for LLU ) because if you do not you are stuck with e-nvi and whatever they provide ....which is feck all I hear :( . Ensure the eircom phone point is on your snag list and that you confirm its installed .

Cheers Bob, i have noticed in the showhouse on the gable wall an Eircom box, so i think it will be okay.

Thanks for tip though i will check that out with the solictor.

If the showhouse has one you have some leverage because you obviously thought it was standard ....and a reasonable person would think so would they not.

Tell us how it goes and what they are offering in Mallow .

Sponge Bob wrote:
    If the showhouse has one you have some leverage because you obviously thought it was standard ....and a reasonable person would think so would they not.

Tell us how it goes and what they are offering in Mallow .

Will do Bob BTW what does LLU stand for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

LLU = Local Loop Unbundling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

There is no MAN in Mallow so where do these people get their backhaul from
    BT Wholesale perhaps. They have network through and in Mallow.
    thegills

Perhaps if near railway line. !

Advertisement