Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue screen of death AHHHH!!!!

• 16-04-2006 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

ok so i was using my lappy last week- havent installed anythin recently apart from winamp free version and on the day this starting happening i also installed itunes and quicktime. All of a sudden the blue screen came on telling me that windows had stopped (im using XP home SP2which i thought you couldnt get the blue screen with...). Anyway i rebooted and it was fine until....next of all norton started telling me i had corrupted files- loads of them!! then i got the blue screen again....now it wont start at all not even in safe mode i just keep getting the blue screen whenever i try to start up saying something at the top of screen "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO".
    What do i do to get it going again?
    Im using XP home SP2 and im connected to the internet behind a netopia wireless router with norton internet security
    I stuck in the XP home CD and went to repair an installation but i dont know what to do? copy system files?? from where to where i've never to do any of this before

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Ewww...Norton. I'd switch. It saves a lot of problems. Try AVG from Grisoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭LFCMCGRATH

try using the recovery console and type "fix boot"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Hi Dude,

Before you go to any sort of trouble trying to repair Windows firstly try checking if your hard drive is OK. It could be a RAM issue but I`d bet its a hard drive one myself. Find out what make your hard disk is and go to that manufactures website and download there recommended diagnostic. Also if you have not already BACKUP any important information FIRST.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

ok so it turns out that the problem is with the RAM so as usual you guys were RIGHT thanks for the help;) I had to leave it for repaire with a local store and he tested it and verifed the problem.
    only problem is now i gotta replace the RAM god damn expensive DDR2 gonna cost me e200 for the repair and 1gb of ram

• Advertisement
Advertisement