Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complex form generator

Options
  • 16-04-2006 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi

It does not as complex as it says. Basically, I'm setting up a website for food catering company. Will be a simple website with few pages including an "order form" that allows customers to fill in and mail straight away. The problem - there is a long list of choice more than one hundred different food and meals. I can't simply bother to do a long form manually. If possible, I want to store the menu on a SQL database, so the form can easily be updated. What's on the menu from database will sync with the order form on the website.

Is there any ready made PHP scripts or free software out there that can do this?

Again, I must say my web programming skill is limited to copy and paste, trial and error! :D

Mart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Its actually not that complicated. Set up your html drop down list. Then wrap a while loop around the the drop down list. Use an echo statement to output the name of the field to each option. Output it as the value and the display.

Sending mail in PHP is very simple also. Just look up the "mail" function.

For scripts, have a look here,

http://php.resourceindex.com/Complete_Scripts/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

thanks for that.

found a few that are nice scripts.... but still digging around to find the one which suits me the most... :D

Advertisement