Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card test transactions

Options
  • 16-04-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

How long do test transactions take to come off your account. I ordered some stuff from amazon and they did 2 tranactions for $1 as well as the purchases. I assume they will give these back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Vazelothir

Why do test transactions at all, they can just do an authorisation and let it expire...?

Sounds dodgy to me, perhaps they charge a transaction fee separately?

(BTW, I presume you have set yourself up as a seller, as I use amazon and they have never done any transactions like you describe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Vazelothir wrote:
    Why do test transactions at all, they can just do an authorisation and let it expire...?

Thats what I mean. How long does it take for them to expire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Vazelothir

not sure, I have seen it take 4 days..

just to be clear, an authorisation just reduces the amount of credit remaining (available credit) on your credit card a/c, its not actually a paid transaction and therefore will not appear on your credit card statement/transaction history..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They appear as transactions on www.3v.ie

Advertisement