Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best Car Game

Options
  • 16-04-2006 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I've just got WRC Rally Evolved for the PS2 today and its f**ken great. Hooked all day and can't put it down.

Anybody any other fave car games you'd like to share/recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Gran Turismo 4. Brilliant-tastic game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

gran turismo or gta:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Carmageddon (first and second ones) for the PC. Motoring carnage at its finest!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Max_Damage wrote:
    Carmageddon (first and second ones) for the PC. Motoring carnage at its finest!:D

i was going to say Carmageddon but i thought i would be laughed at as it was out years ago.:D :D .anyway that was one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

For realism, Grand Prix Legends is hard to beat. 400hp F1 cars from 1967 with pram wheels. It is bloody difficult. Impossible without a wheel. When you master it, it is very rewarding putting in a good lap on the Nordschleife or the original Spa. You can also play others online, where (apparently) both Montoya and M Schumacher are both reputed to play.

For destructive/violent fun and great music, GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas are very very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

For realism and semi serious racing Gran Turismo 4 is fantastic. Highly addictive and very difficult to fully complete!

For having a laugh with the lads i like the Burnout series!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Mario Kart:D

I had a Need for Speed demo a few years back and it was the best proper car game I played, you had to lower your speed if there was a police car coming and everything, really cool and chases were great fun! Not sure which Need For Speed it was though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

For realism and semi serious racing Gran Turismo 4 is fantastic.
    GT4 is great for track accuracy, but I wouldn't call it very realistic. I managed a sub-8 minute lap of the Nordschleife in a 450bhp e-type, and hit 240mph in a modded M5 (without taking off).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

TOCA Race Driver series, gets the best balance of fun and realism aswell as by far the best collection of tracks and cars, along with great AI and atmosphere that makes races feel like races, not like a country drive or absolute carnage as various other games make it feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Colin Mcrae rally 3 as it has one of the best tracks in any racing game .Stage 1 in the uk. How fast can you get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

Forza Motorsport on Xbox is a must!Realistic phisics,properly modelled cars and tracks by engineers.My all time favourit ever.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I don't play many racing games anymore but I used to love Formula 1 '97 on the PlayStation. That's a while back now! :)

Other greats would be Colin McRae 3, and dare I say it, VRally 3. The TOCA series were quite good also (Codemasters were very good at car games IMHO).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Toca 3 is the current daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

plonk wrote:
    Colin Mcrae rally 3 as it has one of the best tracks in any racing game .Stage 1 in the uk. How fast can you get
    plonk, it was between CMR3 & WRC Rally and had to ask my 16 yr old nephew which one he recommended.
    I've had CMR 1 & 2 and found them both excellent also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Lex Luthor wrote:
    plonk, it was between CMR3 & WRC Rally and had to ask my 16 yr old nephew which one he recommended.
    I've had CMR 1 & 2 and found them both excellent also.

Colin McRae 2 is my favourite.....dynamics are perfect, difficulty on expert is almost but not quite unbeatable. I reckon at my peak, no one could've beaten me. Didn't like 3 at all, 2004 is ok, but they never got back to the genius of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

zuutroy wrote:
    Colin McRae 2 is my favourite.....dynamics are perfect, difficulty on expert is almost but not quite unbeatable. I reckon at my peak, no one could've beaten me. Didn't like 3 at all, 2004 is ok, but they never got back to the genius of 2.
    Have you tried WRC Rally Evolved, because if you like CMR2, you'll love this...

The Turkish rally stages are absolutely my favourite at the moment...had a rip off the Finland stages this morning and they are a close 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

the realest sim ive played is live for speed, gran turismo or forza would be the best on a console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Colin Mcrae 1 and 2 are brilliant alright especially for driving school. I thought 2004 and 2005 were terrible bought 2005 and had to sell it back to the shop the next day as it was so awful. I can get a 2.59 minute lap on the 1st stage in the uk in colin mcrae 3.Gran turismo 2 and 4 are pretty amazing. Havent played toca 3 yet but it sounds class. Racing games are my thing .I think its because the first ever game I got was Ridge Racer Revoulution on the PS 1. What a game!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

The Colin McRae series is woeful, RBR buries it IMO. Better graphics and much more realistic physics.

GPL is probably the daddy of "sims": GT Legends and Live for Speed are pretty decent too. R-factor is meant to be good, but I havent tried it myself.

Im surprised at how many still regard the GT series as realistic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Ferrari F355 Challenge. Very realistic, only one car though, but that is all it needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Colin McRae 1 & 2 are poor in comparison to the newer games, too arcadey.

Toca series has always been good, 3 being bloody class.

Forza on the xbox. Not quite as good as GT4 but then it wasn't going to be but better than gt3. 2p is more fun than gt4.

Richard Burns Rally if you like em hard 'n' sim like.

GPL if yer old skool.

GTR and GT: Legends both at the front of car sims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Best is Grand Prix Legends. Takes an age to master but 100% involving.

It's also a snip on ebay.

Others:
    Toca Race Driver 3 (PS2 . . .includes BMW F1 team!)
    Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
    Grand Prix 4 (PC)
    Grand Prix 3 (PC)

Others:
    Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
    Grand Prix 4 (PC)
    Grand Prix 3 (PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Others:
    Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
    Grand Prix 4 (PC)
    Grand Prix 3 (PC)

I dont know how you can put GPL and anything by crammond, bar maybe GP1 (There was nothing in comparison to it at the time) in the same post!

I dont know how you can put GPL and anything by crammond, bar maybe GP1 (There was nothing in comparison to it at the time) in the same post!

I really like GP4 - it's got some loading/crashing problems, but it plays like a dream.

I've played GP1 -> 4 so maybe I'm used to the physics etc.

GP1 was the game that opened up the whole world of F1 to me....magic days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Burnout revenge! very very fast! A blast playing with friends.

Also have GT4 for the PS2 but find it’s too time consuming but very realistic.

sorry for going slightly off topic but has anyone tried "Black" one player shot em up! very good game

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

the best driving game ever ?

http://www.107.peugeot.co.uk/peugeot.swf

Advertisement