Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinkies today (NOW!)

Options
  • 16-04-2006 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi all. Adam just asked me to post and tell whoever is around that himself and Sasha are in Tom Barrys as of 5pm. Let him know if ye're heading in. I might see ye later if I can muster the energy after an enormous lunch! T

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

argghh, a bit more notice would have been nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm missing all the sessions - must kick my gambling habbit and get back on the drink :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

You could try gambling and drinking at the same time... There was talk of a poker game at Adams a few months ago but nothing ever happened with it. Maybe its time to try again?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Last night's session was quiet enough - I was the only other person to turn up!

Poker night sounds fun; we can do it at my place if adam doesn't want to be the host (and in fairness, I think he's the only one of us who has ended up with people back at his house before). Who's up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you're willing to put up with a beginner (only learned recently) then I'm game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I think we'll all be reduced to beginner level quite quickly if adam tries to make us drink at his usual pace. Especially if he manages to convince anyone (ie JohnK) that an Old Fashioned is a good idea...

Never again will that evil drink touch my lips!!! I've been traumatised enough for one lifetime thank you :(. I do think poker is a good idea though :D

Ok so assuming people are up for it...when? I've nothing on this weekend and could use a relatively quiet one, so we can do Saturday if that suits. (At my place if people want, elsewhere if there's somewhere suitable.)

I dont think I have anything on this weekend so that sounds good to me :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

woohoo, poker! im only good w/ three pints in me, no more, no less

• Advertisement

dudara wrote:
    If you're willing to put up with a beginner (only learned recently) then I'm game.

There's always one guy who say's that then ends up cleaning everybody out. ;)

There's always one guy who say's that then ends up cleaning everybody out. ;)
    Yeah, we're on to you Tree! (where's a good shifty eyes smilie when you need it?!?!?)

hey, im an angel!!

/me polishes her halo

and does someone have chips/matches/buttons/bags of small change?

I'm pretty sure we have a set of chips at home; I'll have a look when I head back for lunch and post up if we'll need them.

Crap. I just remembered a friend's going away party is on this Saturday so I wont be able to make poker. Sorry.

I really need to start writing things down...

OK, roll call time:

Who's up for poker this saturday evening at my place? (I dont have chips as the set we had before has gone walkies, but I can get some in the morning if we'll definitely have a game)

A couple of the lads in the house will probably join us, so we shouldn't be stuck for numbers if a few can't make it. And we can always do it again another time...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK, dunno what I'm doing yet for the weekend, I'm planning a visit to the parents at some stage. Don't count me in just yet

current plans:
    work til half six, go straight out where ever

have to drop by that going away party at some point as well but ill defo but up for poker as well

and what time might this yoke be starting?

Not sure really, my plan is to stay in friday night so the way things are for now, I'm going to pick up a set of chips in town somewhere on saturday morning and arrange a game with a few of the lads, starting around 9 or so.

Anyone who wants to join in, just let me know (I think most folk who might come along have my number).

• Advertisement

Can I invite myself? I'm finished work at 8 so should be able to stop by the offy and make a 9 o' clock start. I won't be able to drink cos I'll have to pilot the rocket ship home.

but you;re gonna stop by the offie?

Can I invite myself? I'm finished work at 8 so should be able to stop by the offy and make a 9 o' clock start. I won't be able to drink cos I'll have to pilot the rocket ship home.

You're more than welcome mate; in fact I was hoping you'd join us as we'll need someone who knows the rules reasonably well and it's been a while since I played so I'm a tad rusty (to say the least).

I'll stop by the offie so I can have one - one to give me taste of what I'm missing and really torture myself. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. Thinking's bad.

Ta Kyle. Does that mean I get to make up the rules as I go along? I might be able to locate some sort of leaflet or download something in case someone questions my integrity :)

Well, I was planning to have a printout of the basic rules anyway for reference in case of an argument, but it's much easier if there's someone around who already knows them pretty well. (Come on, we're playing poker - I'm not gonna trust you that easily :P)

Wh00t - I get to extra lazy so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

stoopid shift work.... I will be off eventually one of these nights....

heigh ho heigh it's off to work i go.

text me if anything changes, wont be online for the rest of the day :( damn work

i predict my arrival after eleven.

I've picked up chips, cards etc and my only concern is that we may not have enough chips to go around if everyone who's said they might turn up turns up. Doubtful though.

Anyway. The plan is still ring/text me if you need directions and aim to turn up around nineish.

• Advertisement

Well, I just texted everyone who was interested and it seems pretty much everyone's out, so I'm calling it off for tonight. Got the chips etc now though, so we can do it another time.

Advertisement