Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One thing you love about Fashion and one thing you hate!!

• 16-04-2006 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

I'll get this one going!

I love skinny jeans and long t-shirts ohhh and big sunglasses! hot stuff!
    I hate ugg boots (people still havnt gotten the idea!) I also hate the young teeny bopper fashion (ages 13-16)!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

love faded/distressed jeans

hate brown shoes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

don't follow fashiopn so don't know what I like, big sunglasses are pretty cool on the right people but whoever invented Ugg boots should be burned at the stake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

i hate uggs, leggings, those weird troy looking shoe/sandal things that seem ive seen a few people wearing...
    i love hipster jeans n cotton scarves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

like skate shoes, so so comfortable and they last.

don't like jeans that are pre-ripped when you buy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Love skate shoes, baggy pants (preferabley Quicksilver/Billabong) and hoodies.. They're gotta be kinda colourful tho..

Hate wannabe d4 heads, that are like 13 years old, don't mind hot Mounties, or people that can actually pull them off..

Oh, and anything brown/cream..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I hate people who go for the orange look when fake tanning

I love waist belts and skinny jeans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

skinny jeans are fab. wear them now ladies while u can. they are a short fashion trend... i fear. wear them with high heels, flats, tuk them into boots. just wear them they are so flattering and comfy.

ugg boots are ridiculous, saw a woman wearing a blue pair on brittas bay beach today walking along with her daughter, i was rather alarmed. hopefully i didnt see properly and they were slippers and she was a bit ecentric...

worst style is polo necks. ok it is cold but no more polo necks please wear a scarf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Love miss sixty jeans!! :D

Again i hate ugg (short for ugly) boots and leggings!

I also love tracksuits but some people on here might think i'm a skanger for saying that :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Skinny jeans worn in any way other than tucked into boots looks awful on most people imo. They emphasise your thighs which is why anyone above a size 10 shouldn't wear them with ballet pumps as it just isn't flattering.

I love the layered look. I bought a few long tshirts to wear under polos and tshirts. A long bright coloured tank under another top can make a casual outfit far more interesting. Goes really well with cropped hoodies too.

I hate the shiny PVC belt around the waist trend. Just don't quite get it.

Skate shoes and Uggs are perfect for college. They may not be the daintiest shoes but they definitely are the most comfortable.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I love cords, there flaryness and to the touch. I also love shirts.
    Love some rings, things you put on your wrists, arm warmers, short skirt things when worn over trousers, fingerless gloves and those stripy sock things girls wear. Oh and black things.
    These things are good at making me swoon.

I hate most things worn by the fake tan type of girl and guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I hate most things worn by the fake tan type of girl and guy.

most notably anything pink on a guy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I love black, pink, leopard and other animal prints. Short skirts, black tights, UGG boots. Long t-shirts. Pencil skirts. Skinny jeans. Large sunglasses. Fur. Lace. Pale lips, black eyes. Sparkles and diamante.

Dislike sports clothes, shapeless clothes, people who make no effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

love: dubes

hate: converse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I love New Rocks worn with skirts, also New Rocks on a guy will make me swoon!. Frilly petticoats, Corsets, Stripey and fishnet tights, black shirts on guys.

I hate tracksuits, white socks, pumps, leggings, fake tan, fashion snobbery (people who will only wear labels), fashion slaves (people who have to be seen in the in thing all of the time), jeans that dont fit, jeans worn tucked into knee high boots, sunglasses worn in winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wez wrote:
    Love skate shoes, baggy pants (preferabley Quicksilver/Billabong) and hoodies.. They're gotta be kinda colourful tho..

Hate wannabe d4 heads, that are like 13 years old

Oh, and anything brown/cream..

You read my mind. Is it a little disturbing that I'm a girl and I like the same clothes as you?

Other loves of mine... Big flares, cords, boots, bright colours, tie-dye, dresses worn over jeans, funny t-shirts.

Pet hates... Ugg boots, Dubes (especially worn with O'Neills), tracksuits worn outside the gym, skinny jeans, puffball skirts, leggings, shorts worn with leggings or tights, fat pants

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You read my mind. Is it a little disturbing that I'm a girl and I like the same clothes as you?
    That's very disturbing. If a girl liked the same clothes as me I would have to have her committed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I love fifties-style dresses and skirts, and Irregular Choice shoes

I hate uggs and skate shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I hate the word fashion.

I hate the sheep that can't think for themselves and let a catalogue decide whats nice.

Nice edit, I was going to tell you to go pop more pills to keep those insecurities away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I love boot cut jeans, flats, bertie shoes, rugby shirts cos they're always too big and therefore comfy, patterned/fishnet tights, my new knee-high kitten-heeled boots, nice leather handbags, accessories, real leatherin general, pure cashmere/ lambswool/silk, well cut trousers, and fishtail skirts but actually most skirts really. Also my GHD.

I hate those metallic shoes everyone seemed to have last winter, orange fake tan, skinny jeans, and footless tights, especially with a short skirt.

I really like both my decks and my Uggs :o , they're so comfy and practical for college, but I admit neither are very attractive. Although I usually balance out the Uggs with a prettty skirt, I don't usually wear them with trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I love 19th century clothing, boned corsets, and lolita fashion, notably classical lolita.
    I hate those shapeless grey tracksuit bottoms that are all the rage now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Other loves of mine... Big flares, cords, boots, bright colours, tie-dye, dresses worn over jeans, funny t-shirts.

Pet hates... Ugg boots, Dubes (especially worn with O'Neills), tracksuits worn outside the gym, skinny jeans, puffball skirts, leggings, shorts worn with leggings or tights, fat pants

Eh, pm me your asl.. lol

Roads are the best chunky chords! No beating them! So damn comfortable, I like lived in mine last summer, flaking out in fields and sh!t, they last a lifetime too, and they're in so many cool colours.. Tie-dye's cool too, but some people can't pull it off, you'd wanna smoke a serious amount of gange to be able to.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Aerial

Ugg boots can be nice or terrible depending on how they're worn. Some girls in my school insist on wearing them with those horrible velour tracksuits :confused: it's vile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Manolo Blahnik

I can't just choose one thing

Love - Grey jeans, skinny jeans, high heels, fishnet tights, long tops, black and grey clothes in general, corsets, mini skirts, black beads, diamonds, cute bags, converse, black tatoo design tops from mango, oversized jumpers, new rocks

Hate - Skirts over pants - no just no don't do it, furry tracksuits, gold jewellery, white sports hoodies, flared pants (should have sayed in the seventies what a sin), Pleated skirts - wanna take out your bagpipes or something absolutly revolting, white runners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭javelin

love..big sunglasses, boots, summerclothes...and so on.

hate..guys with pink shirts who call them salmon, THEY'RE PINK!
    and most of all. tracksuits. where the **** did people get the idea to go outside with them? :eek:
    and also, golden penny bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Betsy79

javelin wrote:
    hate..guys with pink shirts who call them salmon, THEY'RE PINK!
    and most of all. tracksuits. where the **** did people get the idea to go outside with them? :eek:
    and also, golden penny bags.

i do agree with you! the tracksuit thing is just the weirdest thing ever! I'm Austrian and was always wondering why my mate joe (he's from dublin) went shopping and whatever in tracksuits! then i moved to ireland and everyone is running around with them! you don't see austrians doing that except they are nackers!!

what i love about fashion??
    i do have my own style and i like all my cloths i have :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

ooh have to say I love skinny jeans, with pumps, heels, boots, the lot I just love them! but I am a size 8 so I think i get away with it! I hope they never go out of style!! :D
    I love when people are have style, so stylish without having to be a slave to fashion, they have their own individual look.
    I hate sheep who will follow a trend even if it doesnt suit them. a certain group of slightly orange, abercrombie and ugg wearing people fit into this category!! :D

i love my weird river island jeans!

Absolutely hate earrings on lads.very blah to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

I love classic clothes designers like Martin Grant - exquisite tailoring, clean lines, v chic. I love, love, love Christian Louboutin shoes.

I hate when the high street gets a hold of a trend and every shop from the expensive to the cheap does an interpretation. The end result is that practically every single girl walking the streets is wearing a miniskirt with leggings and ballet pumps and a long stripy t-shirt with a cropped jacket and a knockoff Balenciaga. And they all think they're hot and stylish :D

And I HATE skinny jeans. They're over. They were over about three months ago. And they didn't even look that good on Kate Moss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I love cords, flared hipsters, mini skirts.
    Hate leggings, velour tracksuits and people who have no imagination and just buy whatever the shops say is fashion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Love: Comfy tight fitting jeans~cute tight white tshirts~the "layered look"~string vest tops~combats~desert boots~fitted leather jackets~high heeled sandels~

Hate: Goth look~hippy look~dresses over trousers~anything with flowers~anything lycra~long coats~leggings~uggs~ballet shoes~

A lot more of both i cant think off! I DO own a velour tracksuit but its only for comfy wear around the house! hehe! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Love: Big sunglasses, gold clothes / accessories

Hate: Uggs, tattered looking jeans

• Love: Cords, esp baggy, Converse, suede boots, knee length skirts esp that flare out a bit, velvet jackets, dresses and skirts over jeans, floaty scarves

Hate: Skinny jeans, low jeans, short skirts, shiny clothes, Uggs, leggings, tracksuits, neon clothing, gold jewellery.

rainglow wrote:

And I HATE skinny jeans. They're over. They were over about three months ago.
    Omg they were like soooo 3 months ago :rolleyes:

I love them especially with heals I don't care what's in and what's not - If I Love it, I Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

here here!i think the pople who hate skinny jeans perhaps feel that they may not suit them (fat!)hahah that was harsh sorry! I love them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Maybe the people who like them just mindlessly follow trends instead of having their own style? Did you wear leggings before they came in denim form?

Ohh hahah like omigod that was SO totally harsh of me :rolleyes:

and btw, it's 'hear, hear'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Frankster4

unless she was calling them to her presence then she could use "here, here".

dislikes:

converse (you know the ones i'm talking about).. they look stupid on 90% (statistic made up) of people imo and unless your total image is like that they don't suit.

tracksuits.. esp in one colour. can't believe people wear these haha. *sports tracksuits are ok when doing sport / gym etc.

blazer over jeans .. not exactly dislike. it looks cool and all but every person has the exact same clothes as you lol

long hair .. seems to be very popular on guys now, if it looks good it looks good but if it doesn't chop the mop

likes: colourful hoodys (not scumbag ones), dubes (they rock tbh. more people wearing nikes and adidas so don't say "every one wears them". If you HATE shoes you have some issues.. if you taunt people you don't know who wear them.. you REALLY have some issues.), skate shoes.. comfy.. except no good for soccer!, dubarry school shoes.. very comfortable!, jeans that go over the thumbs on shoes, wilson socks (oh yeah!!), topman plain coloured slim tops (can't explain them), t-shirt under shirts ec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sittingducks

Hate Boots With No Heels, Have To Have Heels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i dont seem to LIKE much at the moment. i cant decide if i love or hate big sunglasses. i did like stripes, but now theyre just EVERYWHERE, its too much. plus anyone with any weight on them it just makes you look wider.

but i definitely hate:

1. these legging type things that go to your calves.. theyre not tights, theyre not leggings, wtf ARE they?
    DONT wear them unless youre stick thin. actually just dont wear them.

2. the above worn with skirts

3. again num 1 worn with them slightly longish tops, that arent quite dresses but arent quite tops...

4. ugg boots. especially with tracksuit bottoms. ugh. (ha "ugh boots")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

ARGH!!!!! ugg boots are great! they're fantastic!! but they are INDOOR SLIPPERS! They were never meant to be fashion footwear.

okay.. hate most fashion stuff (coz it doesn't suit 99% of the population - also see ugg boots - making things "fashionable" which were never meant to be so) and love boot leg jeans.. if I can ever find them again.. and chunky boots..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

LadyLotts wrote:
    Skinny jeans worn in any way other than tucked into boots looks awful on most people imo. They emphasise your thighs which is why anyone above a size 10 shouldn't wear them with ballet pumps as it just isn't flattering.

I love the layered look. I bought a few long tshirts to wear under polos and tshirts. A long bright coloured tank under another top can make a casual outfit far more interesting. Goes really well with cropped hoodies too.

I hate the shiny PVC belt around the waist trend. Just don't quite get it.

Skate shoes and Uggs are perfect for college. They may not be the daintiest shoes but they definitely are the most comfortable.

i agree with you there no offence people but you must be extremely skinny to pull of skinny jeans i am a size 10ish and 5'7 and put them on and i looked about a size 16 they just emphasizeu ur thighs u need to be really tall and skinny to look amazing in them..sorry lads...

i also love the layered look But then i hate it cuz all the 14 year old **** of today think its soo cool with there abercrombie hoodies ugh

and also i hate ugg boots because everyone wears them but i love them because i wear them on off days there comfy!

and someone earlier said they dislike people who wear tracksuits outside the gym?what is this like the work place..some times you need to be comfortable.

and my hate hate HATES is those QUEERS who hang around dundrum town centre mainly but can be spotted on Grafton Street too who thinks there 'rich' and 'cool' because they have old uggs,6E dirty grey trakkies on teamed with an abercrombie hoodie they wear EVERY time they go out..enough makeup to do there whole gang of friends and hair so straightened and ruined it needs to be chopped off.They sometimes might have Juicys or one of the minging Juicy bags that they saved up all there pocket money for.Ugh.

i agree with you there no offence people but you must be extremely skinny to pull of skinny jeans i am a size 10ish and 5'7 and put them on and i looked about a size 16 they just emphasizeu ur thighs u need to be really tall and skinny to look amazing in them..sorry lads...

I'm 5'7 too and 124 pounds [thanks to my new diet ;)]
    I find the make my legs look waaay skinnier They're like my slimming collection of jeans

Oooh I love three quarter lenght jeans at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Loves: Shorts, especially bright coloured ones with braces, unusual jewellary (not giant, just cool) skirts(but not gypsy ones) black clothes with something really colourful, green things, and interesting eyeshadow (like MAC models).

Dislikes: Generic hairdresser style. The female mullet and leggings never looked good. Oh, and people who don't put an effort in. I don't care if they don't wear make up or whatever, but for god's sake, at least bathe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Loves: Ah whatever.... I couldn't care less what's "in". I mean what is "in"? Who decides what's "in"? Comfy jeans that are a nice fit or flared cords with a long sleeved tshirt, sometimes with a short sleeved one over it, sometimes a thin black jumper. I also have a leather jacket which I love.

Hates: Brand-name clothes. If there's a brand visible on it I won't wear it. It shocks me how so many people can be such tools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

Hate: White Trousers
    I don't care if you are Liz Hurley. Ultimate no-no. To be reported immediately to fashion police if worn with leopard print thong or black/dark coloured undergarment. PLUS Fake Louis Vuittons, people (like me and many others on the LV community on www.livejournal.com) can count and align how many LVs are on the face of whatever item you're sporting on your shoulder/arm.

Love: Dress how you like fashion. Mix n match. LAMB, stuff on the Kitson website, authentic handbags. Love the Italian fashion commonly seen in Dublin (Fornarina-Miss Sixty overuse, Versace denim, bumble eyes massive Cavalli sunglasses -nice to look at):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

Hate: White Trousers
    I don't care if you are Liz Hurley. Ultimate no-no. To be reported immediately to fashion police if worn with leopard print thong or black/dark coloured undergarment. PLUS Fake Louis Vuittons, people (like me and many others on the LV community on www.livejournal.com) can count and align how many LVs are on the face of whatever item you're sporting on your shoulder/arm.

Love: Dress how you like fashion. Mix n match. LAMB, stuff on the Kitson website, authentic handbags. Love the Italian fashion commonly seen in Dublin (Fornarina-Miss Sixty overuse, Versace denim, bumble eyes massive Cavalli sunglasses -nice to look at):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Are blokes allowed post on here?
    Nothing better than, after a week in work of wearing shirts and ties etc, then gettin a few days off, and loungin about in me white shiny tracksuit bottoms, me white hoodie, and me big nikes straight from new york. It's the new black ;)

And, no, I don't sell wrapping paper for a living :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

LOVE: smock tops /dresses(not the dead short ones tho!) with leggings, pumps, a small bit of leopard print eg pumps/bag etc (ok in small doses), huge handbags(my godsend!),bootleg jeans(always gonna work),skinny jeans, bright nail polish,funky original accessories,denim skirt an black tights with pumps combo,fishnets and coloured tights with otherwise plain outfits.

HATE: tracksuits,white runners,flower prints,denim jackets,rainbow outfits,plastic shiny waist belts,cropped jackets,hotpants during the day-yes the ones they call 'shorts',smock 'dresses' that DON'T cover your ass!!, white jeans, girls wearing guys clothes..i just don't get that...your boyf doesn't wear your clothes so why wear his?!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

G86 wrote:
    LOVE: smock tops /dresses(not the dead short ones tho!) with leggings, pumps, a small bit of leopard print eg pumps/bag etc (ok in small doses), huge handbags(my godsend!),bootleg jeans(always gonna work),skinny jeans, bright nail polish,funky original accessories,denim skirt an black tights with pumps combo,fishnets and coloured tights with otherwise plain outfits.

All at the same time?? Look, I'm no fashion expert, but I'm not sure that's a great look :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

hmm ..that wasn't the idea...BUT all those clothes might be an option worth considering with my current situation to stop scaring ppl!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement