Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One thing you love about Fashion and one thing you hate!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

oops...not allowed to post unrelated posts am i? sorry!

Back to the point tallaght...whats your best fashion recommendation then? indulge me:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

G86 wrote:

Back to the point tallaght...whats your best fashion recommendation then? indulge me:p

Did you not read my post about the Tallaght01 patented shiny tracksuit/silver Nikes???

:P

haha yes i was making a point of not mentioning it..figured it was a momentary muscular spasm that made you post that..didn't want to embarrass you by bringing it up....:p

well that's the classy part of my wardrobe....I mean I could talk about the leopardskin thong....now THAT would have u running for cover :P

I doubt it..unless of course its pink..THEN id be worried:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Le Rack wrote:
    don't follow fashiopn so don't know what I like,

wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

eep, womens talkin fashion, I should of turned left at 'sports' thread.

Dude, as I've just discovered, this is where women hang around on boards. My cunning plan is to wander in here, and give them all fashion advice, when my real motive is to just chat to buuurrrdsssss.

Don't tell them though. So far the mots suspect nuthin ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Hate: dubes( only ok if you're on a boat, actually...not even then), tracksuit bottoms with abercrombie on the ass, long gypsy skirts, skinny jeans on anyone who's not a size 8/10, long-sleeved tops with tank-tops over them (yuck)

Love: leggings, oversized handbags, chunky waisted belts, long tops, short skirts

• Advertisement

tallaght01 wrote:
    Dude, as I've just discovered, this is where women hang around on boards. My cunning plan is to wander in here, and give them all fashion advice, when my real motive is to just chat to buuurrrdsssss.

Don't tell them though. So far the mots suspect nuthin ;)

lol, goldmine....

anyhow, I'm no fashion expert but, wearing a skirt and jeans at the same time? What are ye at? :confused:

...not at the SAME time

The-Rigger wrote:
    lol, goldmine....

anyhow, I'm no fashion expert but, wearing a skirt and jeans at the same time? What are ye at? :confused:

Agreed, and then they have the neck to insult me over me "white knight" shiny tracksuit look.

It's an unjust world, mate :P

tallaght01 wrote:
    Agreed, and then they have the neck to insult me over me "white knight" shiny tracksuit look.

It's an unjust world, mate :P

It really is.

Huge hooped earrings

Here is a good rule of thumb: if the circumference of the earring is more than that of your neck, its too big.

guys wearing earrings..... bet u do that tallaght01..u big girl:D

and 'the rigger' - what u doin on his side? stick with me:cool: , hes a doctor an hes mean:D

• Advertisement

G86 wrote:
    and 'the rigger' - what u doin on his side? stick with me:cool: , hes a doctor an hes mean:D

I'M mean???? You're the one who said I can't start a lingerie thread on here!!!!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭tamburlaine

d4gurl wrote:
    I'll get this one going!

I love skinny jeans and long t-shirts ohhh and big sunglasses! hot stuff!
    I hate ugg boots (people still havnt gotten the idea!) I also hate the young teeny bopper fashion (ages 13-16)!

You like it? Fair enough. But obvious enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

I love accessories. The way you can take an entirely black outfit and bring it to life with accessories, that's class.

I hate when a 'trend' takes over. Like Gypsy skirts a few years ago, and Smocks, at the moment.
    I liked both styles, until they became uniformed across the board.

G86 wrote:

*sticks with G86

I've no time for mean doctors! :D

P.S: I don't wear earrings :)

[quote=[d4gurl]

I hate ugg boots[/quote]

I persume these are the ones that look like what you would wear in a snowstorm? Anytime I see a girl in these boots, I wonder has 2 feet of snow fallin since I was last outsidet... :)

...but what would I know, I'm a man :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Dislikes: Big visible brand names.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Nehpets wrote:
    Dislikes: Big visible brand names.
    Yeah, especially when they are are on the arse part of trousers, what is with that trend?! I saw a girl wearing tracksuit bottoms today and the word 'NOPE' was in big writing on the back of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Love: pleasing shapes and textures of clothes

Hate: general environmental unfriendliness of the fashion world

The-Rigger wrote:
    *sticks with G86

I've no time for mean doctors! :D

P.S: I don't wear earrings :)

:

Glad to hear it. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Love: getting a pair of trainers over the net that you're pretty sure aren't available in any shop in Ireland.

Hate: fat birds wearing belly tops.

Bateman wrote:
    Love: getting a pair of trainers over the net that you're pretty sure aren't available in any shop in Ireland.

Hate: fat birds wearing belly tops.

lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I hate those hoodies from H&M that EVERYONE has with polka dots or stars or whatever - they used to be okay but now its just like...emo..., "wifebeaters"(ew.),roxy/quicksilver backpacks with flowers and crap all over them,the way all the wannabe little indie kids think anything bought in urban outfitters is instantly cool

Uggs may be okay to wear at home on your own as slippers,but SERIOUSLY,who pays like 200€ or whatever for SLIPPERS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Like; things that stand out in a good way, any open minded approach to dress and fashion, any style that has thought behind it. Or in a nutshell, a solid aesthetic awareness.

Dislike; the way people conform themselves to any type of style, and point fingers at anyone who isnt like them. Be it 'Goths' moaning about how 'D4's' are such tools for buying Abercrombie, or 'D4's' sniggering at anyone who wears tracksuit and a baseball cap.

Carrying on, the fact that hardly anyone seems to realise that everyone is a target audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Love: Heels

Hate: White shoes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭s&mbarbie

love: SHOES! especially heels in almost all styles & colours, but growing number of coloured & patterned flats, knee high boots, mary jane's (love them!)...colourful accessories (i wear a lot of black)
    hate: uggs (don't like the aesthetics), skinny jeans(those of us with with curves cant wear), those shapeless smock things all the shops seem to be trying to push on us at the moment...not flattering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

I HATE UGG boots I mean they're just not attractive! The fake ones are even worse! Don't like the way people wear those belts around the waist, or even worse, emo kids wearing TWO belts :confused: just like NO! Tracksuits are the worst though!!!

I LOVE low rise/hipster skinny jeans (I'm a size 6 so it's ok :p), little bit of leopard print, heels, converse and vans, studded belts, short skirts, fishnets, black tights, leggings, I have to admit I'm a bit of an emo kid at heart (I'm 18 :o) and I love patterns like stars, stripes, polka dots, hearts, and I am OBSESSED with skull patterns, love scarves and fingerless gloves, nice earrings, big sunglasses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭chris_oc

like:polo shirts,sweat pants,jackets with the kinda eskimo hood on them(nice ones in river island,most girls love em on guys)

hate:lads wearin pink(c'mon!),dubes,girls with that stupid orange fake tan stuff(u actually just look like an oompah loompah)

By the way, what are ugg boots? are they the sheep skin looking boot with a kinda weird shape???

if so,ya hate them too...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hate: Skinny jeans, especially with heels or pumps. Indiscreetly branded clothes, especially ones with slogans, that neo cbgbs/new wave look on guys (skinny jeans, pumps, big hair), t-shirts with band names on them, any look that is based on a music trend or band, football shirts for non-functional reasons, the cliched rugby look, on men or women (dubes, collars etc)..

Loves: 60s looks in general, quirky clothes with classic lines (suit jackets, well cut coats, classic jeans, good shoes etc), people who really make an effort to look different even if it means getting hassled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Love ... Dressy skirts,boots,tights

Hate ... fake tan,tracksuits,runners

Advertisement