Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another World (shareware)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

I remember that game. yayz:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oooh.. it's in hi-res as well.

Just the very short first level is shareware though... only €7 for the full version though. I hope they do Flashback, that's one of my favourite games of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

OMG there's a blast from the past! I remember having this on 5 1/4 disks!!! The hardware moves on but this is still one of the best games I ever played! And one of the best intro sequences ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I hope they do Flashback, that's one of my favourite games of all time.

That was the side scroller type thing wasn't it? Man that game was cool. I think I might still have a copy of it somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i've still got the cd version of Flashback knocking about somewhere... must have a look for it later.
    the FMV was a little ****e though, the gourad shaded type stuff in the floppy/amiga/snes/mega drive versions was so much cooler looking. (yep, i've actually played 5 different versions of it over the years:p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Speaking of which, I think the old Amiga might be still in the attic. Pretty sure it had a good lot of games with it aswell.
    Any ideas if it's worth anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cool game this one :) good enough to run on this shoddy on board graphics.

Spike wrote:
    Speaking of which, I think the old Amiga might be still in the attic. Pretty sure it had a good lot of games with it aswell.
    Any ideas if it's worth anything?
    Your games may not work. Those floppy disks weren't built to last and have probably decayed by now. I dug mine out recently too and barely any of the disks worked anymore.

Oh and Flashback was the game Delphine did after Another World, it was flick screen as well, but it had a much more fluid gameplaying experience. Some wonderful rotoscoped animation on the main character Conrad as well.

I'd also love to play Cruise for a Corpse again... that was a murder mystery graphic adventure that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd also love to play Cruise for a Corpse again... that was a murder mystery graphic adventure that they did.
    Ahhhh.. if only Home Of The Underdogs wasn't having server problems these days!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

An absolute classic. Have to finish it some time. It still looks gorgeous thanks to it's unique style and animation. The opening with the lion was amazing.

I think I'm the only person that likes Fade to Black the sequel to flashback.

• Advertisement

I tried to play Fade to Black when it first came out... but I just couldn't get into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game started off very difficult and the combat was pure muck but it did grow on me after a while. Loved the extremely gory CGI death scenes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

basquille wrote:
    Ahhhh.. if only Home Of The Underdogs wasn't having server problems these days!

No problems here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oddly enough the first link works for me, but your one doesn't. :confused:

There is a bit of a work around for the underdogs problem here

Haven't tried it myself as I'm not that bothered really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

Another world was such a classic game. i loved how the story was so vague and not really explained at all, it really gave your imagination room to build on the story. In my opinion it was far superior to flashback. (FB was great, but i thought it tried a little too much, the whole getting a job thing, and having to make money, bah) And for such an old game, it did an amazing job of conveying being on an alien world, the art direction on the architecture, and aliens was so original, it actually felt like it could be a real alien planet. The ending of another world was great too, i played this game to death on my atari ST, i still think to this day it and monkey island 1 must be my most played games.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

after seeing this thread the memories came flooding back.... happy days. this game and frontier were, in my humble opinion, the best games on the amiga. i used to love nothing more then arming my spaceship to the teeth and destroying the entire police force of a planet.

ohhhh the humanity!!!!

anyway, i bought another world about 5 hours ago. the enhanced graphics look great, and game play is spot on. unfortuantely, it only took me about about 3 hours to finish :'(

i remember it being much harder and longer when i was a kid.

ahh well!

Advertisement