Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shop 4 memory

Options
  • 16-04-2006 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong plae to post this, but is shop 4 memory Ireland a good reliable company for buying RAM from..... I ordered €399 Dell laptop and want to buy RAM. Is there customer service and shipping good?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Ive bought numerous things off them, never had an issue. Shipping 2 days tops, at least thats how I have found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

In a word: yes. I've never had an issue with anything I've received from them. The only person I know who had (cable missing) got the missing part of the order delivered within two days. They get my recommendation based on my own experience buying from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

They're excellent. Delivery was never more than two days. Have bought a few mp3 players and other stuff off them in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've used them a few times and they're quick. I got worng memory once (my fault really, needed low density SDRAM) and he turned it round in 48 hours.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

cool, well ive never installed RAM in a laptop not to mention computer:P
    is it easy to install? i have the €399 dell laptop ordered........

is it anpost they send there items by?

aslo, sorry if this doesnt make sense but, when i search for my laptop on the left hand side search tool, another different looking memory configurator shows up in style to the memory configurator which you can click......:P
    why is this

• Advertisement

shortys94 wrote:
    cool, well ive never installed RAM in a laptop not to mention computer:P
    is it easy to install? i have the €399 dell laptop ordered........

I've done it on a PC and it was simple. Never did it on a laptop but can't be that hard. Are you sure your Dell laptop has a free slot. I considered upgrading in the past but I 2x256mb and I don't see the point in discarding one of these.
    They send an installation guide afaik. If not, a quick google will show you how to do it.
    shortys94 wrote:
    is it anpost they send there items by?

Yes
    shortys94 wrote:
    aslo, sorry if this doesnt make sense but, when i search for my laptop on the left hand side search tool, another different looking memory configurator shows up in style to the memory configurator which you can click......:P
    why is this
    Not sure what you mean, you're not very clear.
    I had a quick go at the website and it works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

micmclo wrote:
    I've done it on a PC and it was simple. Never did it on a laptop but can't be that hard. Are you sure your Dell laptop has a free slot. I considered upgrading in the past but I 2x256mb and I don't see the point in discarding one of these.

Believe it or not its easier to do in a laptop. In the sense that on most Dellls there's a small removable panel on the underside of the laptop, once you remove that you see the ram slots straight away.

Shortys94, have you got a link for this Dell laptop by any chance? Am looking for a cheap laptop for my younger sister but didn't realise Dell are that cheap.

I remember paying over €1300 for mine.:(

Any opinions on it or are there any threads about it on boards? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Another thumbs up for shop4memory here. Excellent all the way.

micmclo, just go to dell.ie and customize a laptop to the way you want it.

its alright ruu told micmclo that the thread is in bargain alerts

well i will probably order RAM tomorrow, more comments are welcome:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Another 3 thumbs up for after-sales service & shipping. I don't know whether their prices on RAM are the cheapest. They're usually 'competitive' though.

are there any other better priced memory retailers in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

shortys94 wrote:
    are there any other better priced memory retailers in ireland?
    Not really - ya get some deals here and ther but they are one of the better people to deal with. Have had absolutley nothing but good dealings with them and promote them every chance i get,stick wit um.

nukem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Nukem wrote:
    stick wit um.
    Along with Ryanair these guys are a major Irish Online success story, I never buy memory anywhere else because if it goes wrong ....which it never did.....I can return it to co kildare .

They do the simple things right, always a good sign in a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've only had one problem with them. I had ordered an OCZ Flash drive (excellent product) but they sent me my previous order instead. It took a while to sort out but I got the correct order in the end.

they havent replied to two emails ive sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

they're probably catching up on the backlog of orders over the Easter weekend.

Strongly recommend these guys. Was looking for some RAM for an IBM laptop a while back. Had problems with getting the right modules for it but after three attempts got it working. Very efficient, very helpful and went out of their way to solve the issue.

As someone said, check to see if you have a free slot in the laptop before you order. Otherwise you'll be throwing out half of the existing memory to fit an extra module.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

I highly recommend them, have bought PC and digital camera memory from them with absolutely no probs. Fast delivery as well.

yea got through to them, will wait until i get laptop to order

• Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Thumbs up from me too - no problems with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Ordered 2GB usb memory stick for €60 on monday, got it this morning, very happy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 misetusa

They seem to be the same crowd as www.pc-memory-upgrade.co.uk
    I've used them for the past 2 years and bought several memory cards for myself and friends. Never had a problem, package is always delivered 2 working days after my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,156 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Have to agree with everyone else here. I have now bought 3 different times and no problems at all. Super fast delivery.

Just about 2 weeks ago I was going to order memory for the PC and I emailed them for a bit of advice. That was about 8 in the evening and I wasn't expecting a reply till the next day at the earliest. But I got a very helpful reply at 10:45 the same night.

Cant speak highly enough of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

nothing but good things to say about shop4memory. they reply to emails as quick as you send them. theyre pretty reliable on delivery times too (ive only used dhl!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ByronFrump

Just had a bad experience with them. Ordered new hard drive on Wednesday on GF's credit card. The fraud check this initiated on their end involved waiting for them to withdraw a random amount from the GF's account, then getting in touch to tell them the amount. Why an identity check phone call wouldn't have sorted it I'm not sure.

The transaction took them a couple of days, so when I got in touch it was Friday morning. They refused to drop the additional 1-2 day delivery charge despite the delay, and would only agree to deliver the parts on Tuesday because of the bank holiday (despite the fact that I'd paid extra for 1-2 day, and politely told them that I needed the computer urgently for a charity event this weekend).

TLDR; ordered and paid for 1-2 day delivery on Wednesday, they screwed up the processing - making the following Tuesday the earliest they could deliver. Refused to refund delivery. Bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement