Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changes to property before build

Options
  • 16-04-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

I am planning to move to Charlesland. Does anyone know if the builder will let you make and changes to the design / layout or choice of fittings such as tiles or wardrobes before the house is finished? Can you add a consertatory or convert the attic? Is planning permission required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

Hi There

you can do most of the above depending on how far your house or flat is down the line, give the builder a buzz he will fill you in, also attic conversions in some 2 beds or 3 beds are no worries see the thread already on here.

Cheers

Mr P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Maj

Hi

I have a few questions about this topic that I’m hoping you knowledgeable future neighbours of mine can help with! I’ve bought a 2-bed townhouse (type A – back kitchen) in the Park.

Has anyone got an electric shower installed instead of the standard immersion one?

I’ve seen a few posts about getting extensions to the kitchen units – has anyone got info on that? I’ve been a bit concerned about the lack of storage. Where do they put the extra cupboards?

Any other advice for me – I’ve a bit of time before they start building so I’d like to make the changes at the beginning. I’ve already decided to change the fireplace!

Thanks!

Advertisement