Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwire Problems

• 16-04-2006 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Anyone having problems with Clearwire tonight???

My connection is fine for about 5-10 mins then it just drops unexpectedly cant browse or play games.

Needless to say this is more than a pain in the ass. It may be my own computer though, cause if I restart it seems to be fine for 5-10 mins again. Was working fine on Friday, now Sunday night only thing I did was allow windows to do an auto update.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

It's not your computer. It's clearwire being a useless heap of junk.

Solution? Send the modem back and get real broadband!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I have been having trouble all weekend using x-fire..dont know if it is clearwire related or not though. Gaming has been fine all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

Total and utter shower of ****es are ClearWire. The worst company I have ever dealt with. I've had nothing but problems with them since I joined. Unfortunately, it's about all I can get in my place at the moment. Once I move apartment, it's gonna be bye bye ConWire and hello real broadband.

P.S. They have once again started to block all non-standard ftp ports on their network. They did this 2 months ago twice, and then changed back to normal. Now they're screwing around yet again! Such a shower of absolue bastards!! And of course, they never mention a thing about this or other network changes to their customers.
    STAY AWAY FROM CLEARWIRE, unless you want heart failure like me!!

hmmm...can anyone out there with Clearwire and x-fire verify that it works for them?

Also give yahoo games a shot..try something like Poker or blackjack if you can (the free stuff now...dont go throwing good money away). All of this stuff stopped working on me over the last week and I wonder is it something CLearwire have done or just a general **** up on my machine.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can check this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭manonmir

i always thought it was hillarious when clearwire customer support people seemed shocked that my emails were being unanswered or that i was getting a bad service. i had my case "escalated" a few times and only got a phonecall back about those issues over a month after i cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Ludo wrote:
    hmmm...can anyone out there with Clearwire and x-fire verify that it works for them?

Also give yahoo games a shot..try something like Poker or blackjack if you can (the free stuff now...dont go throwing good money away). All of this stuff stopped working on me over the last week and I wonder is it something CLearwire have done or just a general **** up on my machine.

Thanks a lot to anyone who can check this.

Hi Ludo,

Confirmed. Checked xFire and Yahoo games on my CW connection. None worked. Checked the same on my BT connection and everything worked. A few months ago, I decided to get rid of BT and keep CW. I've just been too busy to sort it. I've now changed my mind. Clearwire is going very soon. I actually haven't used my CW connection for a few weeks so didn't notice anything. Checked it tonight and am not too impressed.

I fail to see how they haven't learnt from their mess ups of traffic shaping from the October timeframe. Now it's the same sh!t, different apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

It's beacuse the **** heads are blocking ports again. I tried to call them 15 times today, and each time (Bar once), I got through to the UK call centre, where I was told each time someone from the Dublin office would call me. Bunch of parrots. Of course, nobody did!!
    Even the girl in the Dublin office told me she couldn't help me (Mainly because she didn't understand what I was talking about), and told me someone would call me back! Is part of their training policy?! Day two: How to talk to customers on the phone. I'm sorry, but to end this call, I'll need to get someone else to call you back. Hard cheese buddy, nobody ever will, but just please get off the phone so I can feed this same line to the next caller!!

Bunch of muppets! I'm so bloody sick of them at this stage.

Thanks for verifying that IrishTLR. I suspected it was Clearwire but wanted to be sure. Now the whole fun of trying to get in toucj with them begins...through to the overflow center already..crap.

My Eircom line test changed from fail to provisional pass or whatever the phrase is last week so I will be getting them out very soon to see if it will actually work for me and if it does I can't wait to drop kick the clearwire box out the nearest window.

SIGH!!!!

Add PalTalk to the long list of things that dont work on Clearwire. God they really get on my tits!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

I could rant but Im fed up ranting about them, y'all coverd my feelings about this crew and thier 'service' already.

I will add that my speed is perfect 2.2 Mbpsfrom about 0100 in the morning untill midday.

The rest of the time my connection has trouble breaking half a meg.
    Cant play Steam based games due to silly amount of ping, Red Orchestra clocks in at 950ms

I have rang over 20 times about this and the ONLY thing they conclude is that it must be my cable or PC. Funny how my cable works in off peak hours and this happens on all 3 of my PC's.

Awaiting a call back , my sole purpose in life is to annoy them as much as they have me. Im gonna call them every fekkin day about this. I doubt they will fix as what the problem seems to be to me is thiere ****ty network cannot handle the amount of people subscribed to it. Im in Swords.

Avoid like rabies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Yeah i absolutely hate clearwire. They are just like the majority of the ISP's.
    I cancelled clearwire in the cooling off period. Sent the modem back in November. In January i realised i never got my 30 quid back. So i rang them.. 4 times!!!!
    bull **** excuses everytime... our finance dept is down or something crap like that.
    so i went to comreg and they got the 30 euro back for me.
    Im so happy that the lieing ***** didnt get to keep the 30 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimbowalsh

Hey Tiesto

Whats the deal with leaving Clearwire? I've been with them since last sept and have been steadily losing faith and bandwidth.

Did they feed you any termination jargon? Any info would be of help.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 locokid

i was getting the same rubbish with IB so i sent the returned the modem and demanded money back due to no service being provided. I have since switched to SMART and the connection is most excellent, its definately a real broadband connection. The great thing about it was that I didnt have a contract with eircom but the previous owner of my house did so the physical line was still there, and that was all SMART required.

jimbowalsh wrote:
    Hey Tiesto

Whats the deal with leaving Clearwire? I've been with them since last sept and have been steadily losing faith and bandwidth.

Did they feed you any termination jargon? Any info would be of help.

Cheers.

Well i cancelled within the 7 days cooling off period so thats why there was no problems....

Tiesto wrote:
    Yeah i absolutely hate clearwire. They are just like the majority of the ISP's..

Hardly! All other ISP's actually provide broadband, not a crippled, piece of sh*t service that clearwire provide.

Jimbowalsh - I had clearwire three months before I got sick of their rubbish service, I sent it back but never got any money back on my credit card. Wasn't really expecting any, but at least they haven't tried to take more money off my credit card. Yet!

I am just wondering if it would be worth complaining to the Advertising Standards Authority about Clearwire? They claim to be 'broadband' but they most certainly are not.

Well not IBB..
    I think they actually are all the same when it comes to customer service excluding one or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

I just got clearwire yesterday and noticed that the download times are really bad, not at all what they advertised. However they got the modem to me within 2 hours compared to the 10 weeks I have been waiting for digiweb.

After reading these posts I am a bit worried now and might look into cancelling and going with another service. Someone mentioned a cooling off period, where are the details of that on their web site? I have no documentation from clearwire, just got the modem in a box.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fguihen

when you cancel with clearwire, can you send back the reciever and get your 140 quid back??

for those of you who bought clearwire online, u probably received an email with the contact. Look through the contract. it mentions the cooling off period..
    Its not just clearwire offering the cooling off period. Every company offering certain services are obligated to do it..
    If u ring them up and tell them ur in ur colling off period of 7 days and u want to cancel. Then send them the receiever and u shud get a full refund. Including the receiver i guess. read the contract.
    But beware, u may have to go to comreg to get your money back.
    I did.

there is it.
    2.Cooling off period. You have a 'cooling off period' of 7 working days to cancel the agreement.Any cancellation must be sent to Clearwire in writing along with any equipment received to the address listed on this Agreement.

• Advertisement

Latest update...got a call from ClearSh*te saying all the problems I have reported since the last traffic shaping fiasco last week have been resolved. Unfortunately I wasnt quite home yet when talking to him.
    Got home and guess what...they are not fixed. Rang them back immediately and was told by tech support that the engineer I was talking to was on another call and would ring me back in 5 minutes. Surprise surprise an hour later and still no call.

Oh I can't wait to drop kick the modem in their office door as I work near them.

They probably know who I am from the mails I have posted here but I really dont care. I dont blame the engineers or the tech support guys...just the attitude of the company in general...broadband my ass!
    The most expensive provider for a service that is NOT broadband.

The worst thing is they had got my confidence back after the fiasco a couple of months ago (no gaming all over the xmas) and then this happens...sigh!

dont believe one word they say..
    they were filling me with bull**** too..
    about the problem being fixed when it wasnt...

emmmmm....Google Earth anyone? Not working either. This is really annoying now. Whenever anything doesn't work online I have to dig out my dialup cable to check if it works that way as ClearWire will always be the primary suspect for a web app not working.

Yep....verified. Google Earth cannot be used either with ClearWire as of now.

Out of curiosity when I was on my free dialup account there I went to the newstalk 106 web site and listened in live to the dunphy show...no bother.
    Hung up and went back to the Clearwire connection and tried listening live again...nope...kept dropping out after plasying about 2 secs worth before reloading.

It looks like they have screwed up loads of apps with their latest change after someone found a way around the P2P blocks. They attitude seems to be lets block everything and see if anyone complains.

Anyone know NTLs phone number?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1800 234 234

And yes I know you weren't looking for someone to respond with the number:)
    I'm in work at the moment but I'll check a few services on both of my accounts over the weekend. Seriously bad show on CW's part.

[/FONT]

Google Earth seems ok again...maybe they are tweaking things and it was a temp glitch.

Tweaking things on a production network?
    It just goes to show how incompetent and unprofessional Clearwire are that they test things on a live network! They should test their port blocking...sorry, traffic shaping..on a test vlan before inflicting it on customers.

Woohoo...VPN into work on Clearwire...

Could not establish SSL with the primary gateway

Free dialup account....no bother...but too slow obviously to do anything...

JOY!

Off to work I go then...thanks CLearwire...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,542 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Just off the phone to them there. Was told that any problems will be fixed by 3 today. That they are rolling back the network??

Shouldn't have been done in the first place. Very unprofessional. However, I blame the management in there. Actually, I think I heard that their policies are being dictated by ClearWire Inc. Very bad position for them to be in. Clearwire Inc should stick to their USA business and leave CW Ireland to run their network.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭homeOwner

I just got clearwire on tuesday. I called clearwire yesterday to ask about the download times as I noticed they were nothing like what is advertised and someone took my number and said all the reps were busy and they would call me back. Its been over 24 hours and no one called so I called them again just now. Again was put through to someone who said all the reps were busy and they would take my number etc.... and I told them that someone already did that yesterday and no one has called and this guy just kept saying....thats all we can do, maybe you can try and call back later when its not so busy, and I kept saying that is what I am doing now....I'm calling back from yesterday. Turns out they dont work on the weekend so Monday is the earliest he said someone will call me back. My cooling off period ends on Tuesday.

I can see where this is going.

I think I am going to drop their modem back with a letter terminating my contract on Monday night.

Does anyone know where they are and what times they are open at? I bet you if I just pop it into their letter box (if they even have one) they will say they didnt get it back if I dont actually post it to them. Since it is going to take longer than 2 days to post it it will not get there in time......

I have a feeling this is going to be difficult.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement