Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residents Association logo/banner request

Options
  • 16-04-2006 9:13pm
    Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Firstly if this request is out of order, please don't hesitate in telling me to feck off. I'm looking to get a logo/banner done for a website. The site will be for a voluntary, not-for-profit, residents association; I'm designing, maintaining and hosting the site out of my own pocket, so unfortunately I can't offer any monetary remuneration. However, I will, of course, give the designer full credit for their design, give an honourable mention on the front or info page with any details you supply, including links/mail addresses.

The brief:

Text:
    The site is clonkil.org, and this (without the www) should be the main focus of the banner/logo. Smaller sub-text that may be included (if it looks ok) should be Clonkil Residents Association. All text should be in a Sans-Serif font, even Verdana will do.

Background
    The background should be of some houses; I'll try and take some pictures of our own places tomorrow; will post them up if they're suitable. Otherwise any stylised picture of a house/row of houses will do, preferably from an angle, say looking upwards. Either a photograph or stylised will do. The estate is in Callan, Co. Kilkenny, so a skyscraper probably wouldn't suit.

Alternative Background
    I'd also be happy with a couple of strong bright colours (or your choice, whatever works best), with an outlined drawing of a house (no windows/doors needed).

Size
    Banner style. somewhere in the region of 770 * 80 should do it. A smaller, logo sized one, say 300 * 80 would be fine as well.

Examples of what I'm looking for
    Tramyard.com, Residents Association Network (both of these belong to Boardsie resassoc)

That's it, if you need something more specific let me know.

Cheers and thanks

S.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Change to the size - 780px * 150 px is needed.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Dr. Spock, check out this site for free stock images.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Cheers for that Gordon, I'm sure I'll pick up what I need there.

S.

Advertisement