Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Custom subwoofer enclosure?

Options
  • 16-04-2006 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get one made? It'll have to be an odd shape to fit in the space I want to put it in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Where do you live?
    Have you considered making it yourself? Its not that hard if you take your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

I'm in Dublin but I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to make one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

What size is the sub?make/model

Do you basically want an enclosure with to fit in little space or something like a ported box for high spl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

eireal wrote:
    What size is the sub?make/model

Do you basically want an enclosure with to fit in little space or something like a ported box for high spl?

Don't have a make of sub picked yet, but it will have to be 8" since that's all that will fit in the space. Basically, I want an enclosure to fit under the dash of my Mk3 MR2 roadster. The car has almost no storage space, so I don't want to use any up on a subwoofer.

There's a guy in the US who makes them for LHD cars but they don't fit on RHD cars. Here are pictures of his enclosure:

BoxTop.jpg
    BoxBottom.jpg

And here it is installed over the clutch:

UnderDashInstalled2.jpg
    Installed2.jpg

On a RHD car, it looks like it will have to go over the accelerator in this space:

IMG_3685.jpg

Know anyone who can do this sort of thing?

Advertisement