Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you enjoy Lost without the internet?

• 16-04-2006 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

I have enjoyed all the various episodes, and sometimes jump on the net immediately to find out more but then sometimes I don't have the time or the energy to scoure 5 messages boards to figure out whats going on, and where its going to end up. (Which leads me sometimes to give up watching)

so can you enjoy it without reading more about it online...

TSK (apart from getting it off the internet but I see your point)

Can you enjoy Lost without the internet 25 votes

Yes Its good drama on its own
    0% 0 votes
    Yes but the added contents a innovative bonus
    44% 11 votes
    No but its fun to search around
    52% 13 votes
    No but it's a chore to find the answers
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes, I don't read about it online and love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭The Dump

without the internet i would not be able to see lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well I don't look at promos or read anything before an episode. Even whos backstory is going to be featured. I think its more enjoyable this way.

Its annoying when people complain about an episode when they've seen screen caps etc before they've even watched it. How are you going to be suprised if you know the jist of whats going to happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Definitely one of the most innovative uses of multimedia by a television programme to date.

Gives the show an extra something alrite, gets ppl more involved I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

Anytime I see any spoilers I regret it. I think it's much better to just discuss and analyse just what you've seen but not get any spoilerage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yes. My own online lost interaction is coming on here, which (no offense) I could still live without.

I get all my info from here

Best place for it methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

drum roll please................

without the internet i would be.............LOST!

ka-dish!
    erm....TAXI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

I go out of my way to avoid anything about it on the internet before an episode in case I come across any spoilers. I'm even careful about previews in tv mags and papers.

However, after each episode on a monday night I come to these boards to get :

a) opinions of others

b) confirmation that i gave not missed anything really important in an episode

So it definately stands up on its own and the internet content only enhances it as much as you need it to.

Advertisement