Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way of getting tickets

Options
  • 16-04-2006 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

It looks like I'm gonna be in NY for the Giants vs. Buccaneers game on the 29th October this year, just looking for the best way of getting tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Very tough to get face value tickets in NY. They only sell single game seats if they're doing terrible. Of course loads of ticket agencies can get you tickets at twice the price.

Realise this was of no help to you BTW ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Going to be tough to pick up tickets for a giants game, most if not all their games are sell outs.

I'd say your best bet is to keep an eye on ebay, you can pick up some good tickets at reasonable prices. Best bet is to find season ticket holders who do sell the tickets for games they dont go to, good seats an usually an ok price tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cheers for the advice lads. I'll check out ebay when it comes to booking the whole thing but it looks like the minimum is circa $180...for nosebleed seats. not bothered by the position of the seats, just want to go and experience a game. Hoping to catch an NBA game there too.

Been to see Knicks in NBA and Rangers in NHL over there. Strongly recommend the Rangers if you have a choice.

An idea might be to sign up for the Giants e-mail newsletter and thye may alert you to upcoming seat sales. YOu can also sign up to Ticketmaster USA for e-mail alerts regarding tickets for any US sports team (Giants included)

Myself, I'm off to Chicago in December and I@m hoping for tickets. Theirs go on sale in July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Cheers dodge, I was looking into getting rangers tickets too.

• Advertisement

Rangers and Knicks tickets are on sale through ticketmaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 NDMARSHALS

I bought tickets of Ebay for Falcons Patriots last year $175 for a $50 ticket well worth it.

Tips:

Checks sellers history for previous sales

if power seller you are ok

at the moment they wont be able to show you tickets as season ticket holders get theirs in july so most put up pics then.

The ticket agents are all usually valid sellers as per first note check their history.

Hope this helps

John

PS you wont get ticket for NFL of ticketmaster only a few teams sell them there and they are usually a limited amount. EG Patriots have standing tickets which they sell there but they usually are gone within first fe seconds most teams would be the same.

It depends how teams are doing too. The Jets sold tickets through ticketmaster for their last 5/6 games last year...

Advertisement