Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

article claims to solve numbers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

*shrugs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Damon and Carlton said in a past podcast unfortunately there will never be an explanation for the numbers..

.. and i'd probably believe them!

You can interpret them however you want but solving them will be difficult seeing as the creators have admitted there's no solution - just interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Iorekjos

basquille wrote:
    Damon and Carlton said in a past podcast unfortunately there will never be an explanation for the numbers..

.. and i'd probably believe them!

You can interpret them however you want but solving them will be difficult seeing as the creators have admitted there's no solution - just interpretation.

:eek:
    Wher'd ye here that? if that happens and its one of those endings where everybody has different interpretations, so evry1 will argue and debate about forever, blah blah blah boring, it will be a total cop out. i thought they said that at the end ther'll be a scientific explanation for everything thats happened. the show moves slow enough as it is, if the story never actually conclusively closes, it'll be such a kick in the balls! really hope that doesnt happen.
    those type of endings can be good with some films (cache/hidden for example), but i really don't think it would suit lost, where people have been going insane over waiting for some answers.

Iorekjos wrote:
    Wher'd ye here that?
    I'm thinking the podcast for 'The 23rd Psalm' - could be very wrong!

Was definantly in a podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Iorekjos wrote:
    Wher'd ye here that? if that happens and its one of those endings where everybody has different interpretations, so evry1 will argue and debate about forever, blah blah blah boring, it will be a total cop out. i thought they said that at the end ther'll be a scientific explanation for everything thats happened. the show moves slow enough as it is, if the story never actually conclusively closes, it'll be such a kick in the balls! really hope that doesnt happen.
    those type of endings can be good with some films (cache/hidden for example), but i really don't think it would suit lost, where people have been going insane over waiting for some answers.

Well the numbers aren't everything. They could be just a random string Dharma came up with, they don't have to specifically mean anything themselves for the whole show to be conclusively explained.

• Advertisement

It was definantly in a Podcast but here's an question answered by Damon posed by TV Guide's Ask Ausiello:
    Will we get any clarification about the numbers this season?

Damon: Carlton might want to punch me for actually going on record and saying this, but I think that that question will never, ever be answered. I couldn't possibly imagine [how we would answer that question]. We will see more ramifications of the numbers and more usage of the numbers, but it boggles my mind when people ask me, "What do the numbers mean?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

steviec wrote:
    Well the numbers aren't everything. They could be just a random string Dharma came up with, they don't have to specifically mean anything themselves for the whole show to be conclusively explained.
    yes, but nearly everything in this season has revolved around the numbers in some way... they can't just be all coincidences...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

the numbers have a meaning a definite meaning, damon and carlton have been trying to keep to keep it under wraps by being vague and imo almost pretending that there will be no explanation, but javi(who is leaving after this season) has acknowledged that they have a definite origin purpose, meaning and explanation.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

stevejazzx wrote:
    the numbers have a meaning a definite meaning, damon and carlton have been trying to keep to keep it under wraps by being vague and imo almost pretending that there will be no explanation, but javi(who is leaving after this season) has acknowledged that they have a definite origin purpose, meaning and explanation.....

sure they would have to.. you can't make such a big deal out of them and just leave them to "peoples imaginations".. ..eh the numbers that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

they match up with too many of people theories even the wild ones, to be meaningless even of those wild theories are cock and bull, they must have been influenced by a vaguely specific :) myth, just like the da vinci code came from from another myth before both of those books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Did anyone notice that the numbers add up to 108, as in 108 minutes on the clock in the bunker, so they enter the numbers and the clock goes back to 108......

kluivert wrote:
    Did anyone notice that the numbers add up to 108, as in 108 minutes on the clock in the bunker, so they enter the numbers and the clock goes back to 108......
    * smacks face *

(and in best Keanu voice) "WHOA!"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

kluivert wrote:
    lol that's either a sarcastic post or you're a newbie to LOST, I can't tell... but as Basquille does *smacks face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

kluivert wrote:

I think you may be right about this, I'll have to the math but it's looking good...:p

Just to re-iterate:
    kluivert wrote:

vsuicide6vz.gif

PS - your post killed Pacman! :D

Advertisement