Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bremore Castle, Balbriggan

Options
  • 17-04-2006 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello all,

Firstly, thanks for all the info on new building develpments, leisure centres and general news on Balbriggan. I have been living in Bremore Castle since 2003 and like it here.

Does anyone know what is happening with the numbering system in Bremore Castle? I phoned Fingal CoCo about 2 months ago, and they said the estate has not yet been 'taken in charge' by Fingal, and they are waiting for the developer (Comac) to finish the estate (including the numbering system) and then request that Fingal take it over. (I'm guessing this means we won't have a 'management company' like someother estates?)

I know Comac put up new signposts, and for some of us it's relatively easy to figure out our numbers (but not for others)...but we have never been officially informed of the number changes. I also received a letter from Fingal CoCo saying a new numbering system is in place, but again, no clear designation of house numbers.

Does anyone know what is happening?

Is there a Bremore Castle Residents Association? I'd be interested in attending any meetings. More importantly, have all the new estate associations met up? I know Moylaragh have had issues regarding the busy road up to Dunnes, and all of us are frustrated over the frequently dodgy, and unpublicised shuttle bus service to the train station.

I have to say, I like Balbriggan. I'm a blow in, but one of my earliest memories is my parents taking us to Balbriggan beach when we were kids. The harbour hasn't changed that much. The town itself is another matter...but I still like it.

I'm glad there are better choices of supermarkets and the possibility of a leisure centre, cinema and ammenities, but am amazed how much the town has changed in 3 years. I have photos of Bremore Castle estatae when it was only a field and 3 showhouses! No Barons Hall, Trimelston, Brega, New Haven, Clonuske etc in sight!

Anyway, thanks for all the updates.

cheers,
    Infinitejest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Buying a place in Bremore Castle - and have just been told by our solicitor that the number change is now official and that the county council have sent notification confirming this.

Have people started changing the numbers on their houses? Or are they putting up double numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 infinitejest

Hi,

I just got official notification of the number changes from Fingal County Council, and have spotted one house with their new number on the front door already.

I plan to change mine this weekend, and leave a note on the window with the old site number, until I get all my post and change of address stuff sorted out.

Welcome to the neighbourhood...It's a nice estate and I haven't had any problems here. I'm hoping Fingal officially 'take over' the estate soon, because Comac (the developers) don't seem to be doing much in terms of estate maintenance.

all the best
    infinitejest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I'm hoping Fingal officially 'take over' the estate soon, because Comac (the developers) don't seem to be doing much in terms of estate maintenance.

i wouldn't hold my breath waiting on fingal to take over. I live in Westbrook, which was built over 7 years ago, and it still hasnt been taken over.

Advertisement