Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supreme Commander

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Me too. Supreme commander could be the next great RTS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah it looks pretty good (& pretty)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Even if it's TA with shammed up gfx it will be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Heard about this a while back, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

uberpixie wrote:
    Even if it's TA with shammed up gfx it will be great :D
    heck they could gimme TA again and i'd be happy with the new player base a re-release would bring(i.e. people to pwn.)

though by the looks of SupCom could be the coolest RTS since TA :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

GimmeGimmeGimme!

Haven't had any decent time for a RTS in ages but god does SC look the biz.

Proper scale naval battles here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i know im late on this one but last nite i watched the trailer and the 10 trainer videos and WOW this looks great. i hope they bring back the total annihilation music but meh if they don't ill still play TA and CNC original + RA music if the music in this games not as good.

This game does look class tho about my only worry other than the music not being amazing is that others wont be up for the 24+ hour long games that it looks like u could have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Has anybody tried the MP Beta?

I've seen it knocking around some places but at over a gig, I cba getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Didn't hear about that. I'll see if I can get my hands on it.

im gona wait myself i think

then again im aready in a **** mood if im boared tonite i might just DL it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah i just watched some of the new videos cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Tried the Beta with a few friends but it ran horrendously on my system. It has a lot of potential, and my friends enjoyed it immensely, but I doubt I will get to experience it without an upgrade (or a significant playability improvement between now and release).

2.8 P4
    1GB RAM
    9800pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Yep, ever since I saw the HD trailer on gametrailers.com, me wanty, me wanty right now.

Heard there's a learning curve, even for hardcore RTS peoples. :\

Although I can imagine the scale being so friggin massive, that you'll miss most of the best battles, because you have to micromanage some other thing half way around the planet! That's kind of worrying.
    Of course you could attack one army at a time, but you'll nevar win like that! :p

wel the 3.0 beta and the 3.8 patch are up on fileplanet if any of you want to take a gander

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Its pretty much the only game I've been looking forward to since early this year. Ditto on the music, though Taylor has used Jeremy Soule (the original composer) for each of his projects since so I think it's a fairly sure bet he'll be composing for this one. The Prey soundtrack works pretty well for TA too (www.directsong.com has most of Soule's work in 320 Kbps WMA).

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

I've never even played TA but I think this looks fantastic. Can't wait to get stuck into some real massive battles on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭BKtje

I gave it a shot and i wasnt too impressed. It was buggy as hell and not enjoyable. Not knowing wtf i was doing didnt help either ofc.
    Im not going to knock it until i've tried the actual demo/ full game but thus far i was disappointed.

I've never played TA but friends of mine said that it felt like TA for the masses.

i played it thought it was brilliant considering it was a beta it will be a great game when its finished. The best non CnC RTS game since Total annihilation with the possible exception of Age of empires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

where are these 10 training videos?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

This will be the first game that's going to take full advantage of my two 19" monitors, with the map on one screen and the play area on the other, which should increase my enjoyment immensely.

Of course, that means that I will have to upgrade my computer, seeing as I doubt that it could handle one screen at 1280*1024. Expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Plus native support for widescreen, so 2* Dell 30 inch would be nice!

Advertisement