Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MkIV Gti before and after

Options
  • 17-04-2006 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, picked up a reflex silver gti in dec with 31000 on the clock, came fitted with std 16" alloys and an ms designs body kit that i was never keen on.

I have replaced the rims with 18" BBS CHs, changed suspension for koni shocks and eibach springs and taken off front and rear ms design valances for v6 ones, side skirts have to go too but are bonded on so i need the help of an expert me thinks,

I have also had a chipped Uk remap (putting down circa 210bhp now). Plans are to get tail pipes sorted for rear valance, fixed the handling which is torque steering everywhere!, get decent matts and maybe alu interior trim and thats it :)

anyway scuse the piccies, taken on my N70,

Before:
    cyrusir-golfback.JPG

cyrusir-golffront2.JPG

cyrusir-golfside.JPG

After:

cyrusir-golfsideon.jpg

cyrusir-Front.jpg

cyrusir-Back.jpg

cyrusir-Interior.jpg

cyrusir-BBS.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

lovely looking cyrus. I am ordering the r32 interior trim myself (aluminium), have audi TT pedals and dead pedal, really looks well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cool, where did u get tt pedals and dead pedal from? how much?

The TT brake,accelorator & clutch are direct snap ons. The dead pedal requires a small bit of modification (remove plastic from TT dead pedal, then simply use a hot glue gun to stick it down) looks excellent, a lot better than the R32 pedals i think. Best place is here

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/73/ShowForum.aspx

This guy can get you any VW/Audi part,and will give a 10% discount for forum members also.Cheapest ive found,and he's excellent to deal with.

Should get the pedals for €50 max, dead pedal maybe €50 also. Am considering getting the Bora illuminated vents also,they look great.

any pics of yours mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Very nice Cyrus - subtle & purposeful.

• Advertisement

No pics, im going to try and get the interior done before putting up pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Do you still have the old alloys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I think the side skirts look well....I'd keep em.....but yeh you were right to get rid of the front and rear ones...way to fussy they were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

cyrus that car looks beautiful, but i still prefer the old alloys instead of the new ones,also the body kits looks nice and not knackery.

good luck

what bhp was it before the uk chip and who did you get it chipped from and did you get the rolling road done before getting it chipped

does anyone know any good site where i can interior accesories for the vw golf v, im looking for a carbon fibre trim and also gti pedals.(manual)

can anyone help.
    thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

have to say I much prefare the way the car looks now. That bodykit didnt do it any favours, especially the back. The alloys really suit it aswell

cheers guys, body kit was way too fussy, imo a golf with nice wheels and lowered ride just about perfect

before chipping was 150bhp (std for the 1.8t) after chipping its estimated at 215bhp (im going to get it dyno'd soon) my mate has the mkv gti and we both agree there seems to be no power difference in his and my car so >200bhp seems about right

Cyrus wrote:
    cheers guys, body kit was way too fussy, imo a golf with nice wheels and lowered ride just about perfect

before chipping was 150bhp (std for the 1.8t) after chipping its estimated at 215bhp (im going to get it dyno'd soon) my mate has the mkv gti and we both agree there seems to be no power difference in his and my car so >200bhp seems about right

thats an good bit of extra bhp and who did you get that done from.:rolleyes:

www.autoremap.ie

you only get gains like that from turbo'd engines tho and in addition the 1.8t is especially tuneable as are the pd diesel vw engines, one guy had his pd130 at 180bhp and 300ft torque!

Cyrus wrote:
    www.autoremap.ie

you only get gains like that from turbo'd engines tho and in addition the 1.8t is especially tuneable as are the pd diesel vw engines, one guy had his pd130 at 180bhp and 300ft torque!

does it not sound to cheap to be true.its only 350 .is that the right price as i thought it costs min over 400 for a ecu remap and also there website says the new gti can gain 40bhp more where as revo website says it can gain 55 bhp more.now who is right.:rolleyes:

revo is more like 600 but you get a switchable control box etc, upsolute was being sold for 350 for a good while, an engine remap only takes 30-45 min to actually change software, so its very expensive if you arent getting access to a rolling road etc

also maybe revo has better gains on the new gti than these guys do

most are at circa 210 anway from the factory and i reckon 250 would be just enough

Cyrus wrote:
    revo is more like 600 but you get a switchable control box etc, upsolute was being sold for 350 for a good while, an engine remap only takes 30-45 min to actually change software, so its very expensive if you arent getting access to a rolling road etc

also maybe revo has better gains on the new gti than these guys do

most are at circa 210 anway from the factory and i reckon 250 would be just enough

i have emailed autoremap about a remap of gti so lets see what they say about price and what bhp they can get out of it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Very nice :D
    The 18's fill out the wheel arches nicely!!
    Have you noticed any difference in ride quality / handling?

The front and back look much neater now, not as fussy as before.

Did the leathers come with the car? If not how much did they set you back?

Have you noticed much of a difference in fuel economy since the remap?

ride quality has been hit with the lowered suspension and bigger wheels but it should handle better, it doesnt atm but i think the guy installing the suspension messed up so getting that checked

leathers came with, can be got for circa 800-1000 s/h tho

fuel economy has always been crap and it still is :D doesnt seem much worse tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Looks lovely mate, but think i prefer the smaller alloys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement