Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on business software.

Options
  • 17-04-2006 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I've been manually writing up every invoice and quote for the last year. I want to take the step into something that looks more more professional and will automatically generate invoice and account numbers etc.

Any tips on what is good? Are there any free packages worth looking at?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

The first step is to see if you can use any of the software already on your machine - most word processing applications allow you to create a template that you could create to do a standard invoice..or even better if you have a spreadsheet application like MS-Excel you can have the calculations (e.g. VAT) done by the spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

turbocash may be of interest to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 themurt

There are two systems I'd recommend to you (as my company deals with both :) )

1. NetSuite is an on-line application that you can access from anywhere that can easily handle the quote to order process. There is a Small Business edition that provides a cost effective solution if there is only going to be one or two users. It's features a full accounts suite as well as a comprehensive CRM system. http://www.netsuite.com

2. Compiere is an open source package that runs in a more traditional fashion, ie on a computer installed in your office. It requires a copy of Oracle and might be overkill for a smaller business in terms of functionality but is capable of doing what you need and can grow with your business. http://www.compiere.org

Hope this helps.

oh, also: www.teamwork.ie

Its an online based system from an Irish compnay, thr beauty being that they will do your end of year accounts for you too.

I wouldnt rush into compeire or other in-house web-based stuff as support can get very expensive, very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

As I understand it, teamwork.ie is expensive enough too for a one-person company. I guess it's ok if you want to use teamwork as your accountant as well.

You really have to look at Big Red Book, TAS books 1 and Sage. These are more tailored for the Irish market. It's all about the features you need and what you are prepared to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

If your looking for something basic that won't cost the earth but will look professional you should try

InstantInvoice™ 3 or Ezy Invoice 3000 Download them for a month free trial I use the ezy invoice and it works fine

http://www.ezysoft-dev.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

What about quickbooks?

Pataman wrote:
    What about quickbooks?

This is what I use currently. After much deliberation. Great interface, excellent inbuilt help, great support and all kinds of cool\useful features and tools that are easy to use.

Personally I think BRB, TAS & MYOB are way overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Loads of people swear by Quickbooks for sure.

None of these packages is that bad. The important thing is the discipline of using one.

Advertisement