Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career choices?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

And the prize for the most irrelevant and stupid post of the year goes to...
    Moi?! :eek:

This is so sudden... I don't even have a speech prepared!!! eh eh eh

Well first I'd like to thank my dad...

Picture of me accepting award

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Dave, wtf?

Is gender going to be draged into it every time I post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Dave, wtf?

he's just jealous and cant think of anything else to mock you about :p

Dave, wtf?

Apparantly...!

Okay sorry, done.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Got a job with Accenture as an analyst in their Finance and Performance Management group. Can't wait to start :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Julesie wrote:
    Got a job with Accenture as an analyst in their Finance and Performance Management group. Can't wait to start :D
    oh congrats. Good position to get!

Julesie wrote:
    Fair play :) My brother used to work with Accenture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Google keep holding off on giving me a full decision whether they want me for summer or not; was supposed to have found out by yesterday but they phoned only looking for my address and will let me know sometime next week. I wish they'd hurry up because I'll need to find a sub-tenant and all that sort of stuff if they don't.

well if they are looking for your address that's a good sign. They'd prob just email u a PFO. So maybe they are posting out contract....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Yeah, i'd say so, one guy in my class got a summer job with Morgan Stanley in London, and they sent a courier with the contract, so that it could be signed on the spot and sent back to them.

• Advertisement

DaveMcG wrote:
    Fair play :) My brother used to work with Accenture

Thanks guys.. good to hear people being positive about a company. I dont know any one working there myself so I havent been able to get the low down on what the place is really like.

They'll work your ass off that's for sure! I applied to them as well but accepted an better offer for a similiar position elsewhere. When do you start?

irlrobins wrote:
    They'll work your ass off that's for sure! I applied to them as well but accepted an better offer for a similiar position elsewhere. When do you start?

Training starts August 8th... 2 weeks london, 2 weeks chicago. Start on a project Sept/Oct i'd wager.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

oh yeah forgot you had got that..well fair play!

Me? I have to spend the whole summer after my finals studying.

Sangre wrote:
    oh yeah forgot you had got that..well fair play!

Me? I have to spend the whole summer after my finals studying.

Yeah your going to try and have most of the exams completed this summer right? Good idea.. keeps you one step ahead. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Accenture are good but they can be a pain in the ass as well :D

For instance the grad program (London at least) you don't get a pay rise until you've completed it. It's a big jump (10k sterling) but gives me the impression a lot of people leave before its complete.

Try to vary the industry the projects they stick you in on.

Advertisement