Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prize Money?

• 17-04-2006 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know the break down of prize money for the premiership? and what about the cups, do the winners/runners up get money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I don't know what the exact prize money for the Premiership is but I know that every place is worth £500'000 more than the previous one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

£10 million for winning the premiership and £2 million for winning the Fa Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

€350,000 for the Setanta cup, thats the top earner here, some difference all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

blu_sonic wrote:
    €350,000 for the Setanta cup, thats the top earner here, some difference all the same
    That's quite alot in fairness. On a relative scale, the EL clubs would have a considerably lower cost base so that would constitute a huge windfall.

but thats an all ireland cup, so in effect its "bigger" than the fa cup

ie:
    Eircom league = Premier League
    FAI Cup       = FA Cup
    League Cup    = League Cup
    Setanta Cup   = ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

blu_sonic wrote:
    but thats an all ireland cup, so in effect its "bigger" than the fa cup

ie:
    Eircom league = Premier League
    FAI Cup       = FA Cup
    League Cup    = League Cup
    Setanta Cup   = ????

Yes, the Setanta Cup is bigger than one of the most famous cups in the world, a cup that hundreds of teams take part in. Every non league and league side in England are in the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I think you have missed the point there Lemlin. The setanta Cup takes in two seperate countries whereas as you say the FA cup takes in all of the teams in ENGLAND a single country. BTW the FAI cup has more competitors in it than any cup competition in the world including the FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Lemlin wrote:
    Yes, the Setanta Cup is bigger than one of the most famous cups in the world, a cup that hundreds of teams take part in. Every non league and league side in England are in the FA Cup.

Do you really think thats what he was arguing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Anybody know the break down of prize money for the premiership? and what about the cups, do the winners/runners up get money?

Very simply,

500,000 pound for every position in the premiership.

Sunderland get 500000
    Chelsea get 10000000
    Liverpool get 9000000

etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

The FA Cup broadcast fees and prize fund are here:

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/TheFACup/NewsAndFeatures/Postings/2002/08/22383.htm

Good article on Premiership prize-money here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3010279.stm

That very season Michael Svensson scored a late winner in the last game of the season (last game at Maine Road iirc) to earn Saints a further £2million (we jumped four places because of one goal!). Now its questionable whether he'll even get a new contract!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

In Championship Manager 01/02 it was 10million pounds for #1 and 500k less for every position thereafter, im suprised it hasn't changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

OTliddy wrote:
    In Championship Manager 01/02 it was 10million pounds for #1 and 500k less for every position thereafter, im suprised it hasn't changed.

In championship manager 2 it was 50,000 per team, per place....so 1st got 1,000,000......2nd got 950k, etc....so its gone up a bit :)

the guys are right i wasn't saying its bigger in the prestegious sence, but what i mean is its 2 countries taking part, but its not bigger than the FA cup, in any sence of the word, me thinks you got the wrong end of the stick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

blu_sonic wrote:
    the guys are right i wasn't saying its bigger in the prestegious sence, but what i mean is its 2 countries taking part, but its not bigger than the FA cup, in any sence of the word, me thinks you got the wrong end of the stick

I did indeed. Apologies.

Advertisement