Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Todays Daily Mail... how patriotic

• 17-04-2006 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just caught a glimpse of it today - full front spread of a photo of the GPO and the air corps flyover with a tag like "Remembering the heroes".
    Seemed to be the only paper with a full page splash about yesterday.
    Odd, no?

then again, I'm not sure if that was reference to Irish heroes...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Probably all part of the Daily Mail trying to convince the Irish public that they don't hate us (anymore).

Who could possibly discriminate against a persons nationality when there's money to be made?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the sun like the mail are just trying to be more irish then the irish themselfs, both papers never had a good word to say about ireland! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Is this the same paper that Peter Hitchens writes for? My sides are splitting with laughter.... roffle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, the good old "Irish" Daily Mail. Funny how here in the UK there is the occassional anti-Irish article in the Mail, bet it doesn't appear in the Irish version at home!

Anyone who reads this rag is either a bigot or just lacking in cognitive function!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,729 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Find me a paper for 50c with better written articles and indepth stories. Best paper currently in Ireland...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

If I were you I'd save my 50c rather than spend it on that rag, although I do recognise that it is a matter of personal opinion.

Then again, I suppose 50c is cheap for toilet paper! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

You'd be better off with the Beano or Dandy than that right-wing, little-England piece of ****e.

And what's better?, the Herald, the ridiculously overpriced Indo...no way. The Sun is better than both those who generally just copy the stories. I just think there is a hell of a lot of good reading in the mail with great articles also on celebs, like Presley and Buddy Holly and Streisand. Real detailed articles
    Suppose it is a matter of opinion but to slag it of because it's English shows no real logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The fact that it's English has no bearing on the matter. It's the fact that it holds a hugely right-wing, Tory centric and anti-Irish agenda that counts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The fact that it's English has no bearing on the matter. It's the fact that it holds a hugely right-wing, Tory centric and anti-Irish agenda that counts.

Don't feed the trolls.

walshb, if you honestly believe what you're saying, so be it. If you bit a paper based on price, so be it. If you're looking for a "news"paper that gives you all the latest gossip on celebs then you could do worse than the Mail (although the Sun, Herald, Indo, Mirror, Star all do the same). It is worth noting that the newspaper has been extremely anti-Irish in the past, however, I'd like to find out why that policy has suddenly been r€vis€d...

• Advertisement

Guys, keep your pants on. All I said was that I think the paper is the best read currently on the Irish market. To be honest the competition is fairly crap and for 50cent, it's a great paper. Yes it does have a lot of celeb stuff, but not in the same mold as the Sun. It's more life stories of the A list stars, not the thrashy crap you see in the Sun relating to the Z listers. Recently it did the 5 part on Elvis, brilliant. Then the same for Barbara Streisand.

No paper is perfect, but the Mail seems to have the right mix

Advertisement