Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFH and manifold position?

Options
  • 17-04-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

With UFH and I have have heard that the manifold's are noisy when operating. Can anyone with underfloor heating comment on the noise of the manifolds and if its an issue i.e the location of them is important?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

I have it in my place. There is no noise from the manifolds at all... We have em under the stairs. And the brand is Rehau.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

Cheers, i am having UFH upstairs also and on speaking to one installer they advised me to think about the location of the Manifold as they said it could be noisy with the 8 electric switches turning on/off and the water flow etc as demanded by the room thermostats.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Must be strange manifold they are putting in, we have ours upstairs and down and they make no noise what so ever.
    Even seen them in another 3 or 4 houses and no noise there either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭tribesman

Definitely no noise from any UFH manifold I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bro'

cheers for the responses.... I was initially getting concerned about the location of the upstairs manifold on the basis that they were noisy so no need to worry now!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement