Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to report landlords that do not pay tax?

Options
  • 17-04-2006 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

ding dang do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Woody, your generalisation could be mistaken for racism there..... might be nicer if you tone it down a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

regarding the tax issue, landlords are required to register their rental income and their pps number. I cant think of the site at the moment but there is a list of registered landlords for each area in the country with the addresses of their rented properties on one of the government / council websites. if they are not registered and are not declaring tax then they will be fined. The governments way of finding dogey landlords not declaring income was to introduce a small token rent allowence to people renting properties. In order to qualify the person renting gets their landlords pps number and submits it with their application for rent allowence. If the landlord is unwilling to submit his pps number then more than likely he is not declaring his income.

Now as for your disgusting attitude and generalisation of minorities living in our country I condem you completly. Trust me, where i live its full of fellow Irish who rob / joyride / armed crime ect which does nothing to promote the community in anyway. There is good and bad in all societies and to generalise like you did is down right stupid.

*suggests moving the thread to the british national party website*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

AFAIK they HAVE to be registered with the Private Residential Tenancies Board www.prtb.ie or else can be liable for a fine (Could be wrong here so sorry in advance :rolleyes: ) and the obligations of both landlord and tenant are outlined on that website.

Also gives you a spreadsheet showing all registered landlords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

woody wrote:
    Samo thanks for the info cheers :-)

As for the PC brigade go and die

I see you thought better of it and edited your previous drivel, I have to admit there never has been a racist Jew in history so your background kinda gives you Karte Blanche to say what you like about minorities, you really thought long and hard about that one didn't you, well done?

I'll jump in the river just after the scumbag racists, but you have to go first, at least then our work will be done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to your local council about the anti-social behavior. Keep a diary. A landlord is responsible to the neighbours for the behaviour of his tenants (becuase the landlord can evict the tenant).

Do not engage in a 'show of arms' or you will be the one arrested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement