Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

value of CC transaction changing?

Options
  • 17-04-2006 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Can the value of a CC transaction change in the 2 days between authourisation and posting. I had a transaction for USD 50.90 up in value by over 1 euro in 2 days. I don't think the exchange rate would slip that much. I was under the impression that its the rate on the date of transaction and not posting that was applied.
    It is 3v btw. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I don't know enough to talk about transaction date vs posting date

but just looking at conversion rates then...

You say the rate used by 3V was "up" on some rate that existed at the time of the transaction. What is your source for this cheaper rate. I contend that this cheaper rate was the interbank rate you found on a currency conversion website, this is a low rate that the consumer never enjoys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Mr Burns

Not quite Vector,

I did the transaction on Saturday and the transaction instantly appeared on my online 3v statement as being the lower value. 2 days later I went to do another transaction but was declined for not enough money. I then checked my 3v statement again and it was now showing the same sale as being costing more. This is what I can't explain, the difference of 1 euro on $50 is strange.

Advertisement