Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leargas 7.30 tonight

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Can I just say that I dont put the people posting here from Kilkenny in the same category as the writer of that letter.

Yes, its a disagreement and a very vibrant debate, but nothing I've heard comes close to the, outdated, uneducated, divisive muck in that letter.

Most people in Carlow are born in Kilkenny eh? No.

I think this letter has tarred a lot of decent opposers to the boundary adjustment, and has done them no favours at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Trotter wrote:
    Can I just say that I dont put the people posting here from Kilkenny in the same category as the writer of that letter.

Yes, its a disagreement and a very vibrant debate, but nothing I've heard comes close to the, outdated, uneducated, divisive muck in that letter.

Most people in Carlow are born in Kilkenny eh? No.

I think this letter has tarred a lot of decent opposers to the boundary adjustment, and has done them no favours at all.

Yea, some of us up here prefer reasoned debate and can have a sense of humour about the whole thing too!

I think most Carlow people and beyond are born in KK-not that they have much choice in the matter St. Lukes in kk is their nearest (unless they want to opt for more traditional (and no doubt more painful!).And I know for a fact they don't 'wrap themselves in the Black n Amber' as the Glenmore man seems to think!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

mfitzy wrote:
    Yea, some of us up here prefer reasoned debate and can have a sense of humour about the whole thing too!

I think most Carlow people and beyond are born in KK-not that they have much choice in the matter St. Lukes in kk is their nearest (unless they want to opt for more traditional (and no doubt more painful!).And I know for a fact they don't 'wrap themselves in the Black n Amber' as the Glenmore man seems to think!!

Does that mean that most south Kilkenny people are born in Waterford (WRH)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mfitzy wrote:
    I think most Carlow people and beyond are born in KK-!!

Just like 99.9% in South Kilkenny are born in Waterford....including (more than likely) the letter writer!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bards wrote:
    Does that mean that most south Kilkenny people are born in Waterford (WRH)

I would imagine so, it is nearer for them.PS I was born in Kilkenny!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement