Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS250 Panel

Options
  • 17-04-2006 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone have any experience with the CS250 panel? Just acquired one that I intend to install in a new house.

The engineer I got it from said that if the engineer code isnt defaulted (1278), then just do a reset on the panel. As luck would have it, its not defaulted! From past experience on the Aritech panels, a full reset involves yanking JP1.

Interestingly, this panel doesn't have ANY jumpers. Even more interesting, its doesnt have ANY fuses! Im interested if anyone knows more about this panel. Is there a way to do a reset (assuming the eng lock-out isn't active). Im also interested in why there isn't any fuses. I have blown my fair share of them in the past and its a great comfort to know that the worst you can do (sorta!) is blow a fuse!

The engineer that gave me the panel is on holiday until the end of the week, so there will be no problem getting the code when he returns. Just curious more than anything!

Thanks,
    Jab

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

To answer my own question!...

CS250 cannot be reset. There is no jumper on the board. If you loose the eng code the board is toast (unless you know a friendly GE engineer!).

Anyway, in my case, I got the eng code for the board and all is well!

As regards fuses, all new boards come with fancy pants 'automatic' protection that doesn't use glass fuses. Anyone know more about this technology?
    Jab

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

jabaroon wrote:
    To answer my own question!...

CS250 cannot be reset. There is no jumper on the board. If you loose the eng code the board is toast (unless you know a friendly GE engineer!).

Anyway, in my case, I got the eng code for the board and all is well!

As regards fuses, all new boards come with fancy pants 'automatic' protection that doesn't use glass fuses. Anyone know more about this technology?
    Jab
    probably pico fuses....fuses all the same but if they blow it means getting the soldering iron out

Advertisement