Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shill site to watch

Options
  • 17-04-2006 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

Ok i discovered this its been taken down now, but that was from google cached pages. Basically (if you haven't looked at it) it encourages shilling forums, and the first shill listed is on boards.ie, and actually hasn't been deleted yet.

[edit]Yes I have too much time on my hands and really hate spam/shillers
    [edit]oops never checked, but the shill site is gone.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Thats terrifying :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

or ones that operate in Ireland maybe we should ask over at PR

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Wasn't a shill site. It was a site for MP3 player related stuff. The shills were just stupid to post in such a forum. Checked some of the back story to the thread and it matches up so the threads legit.

Personally.. ban the person who spammed us, remove thier links and then send an email to the company (Creative?) telling them why thier links are no longer welcome here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Quite frankly, boards provides a service allowing companies to advertise with us. As such, companies who use shills are practically stealing, and should have legal action taken against them by boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I find it amazing that companies bother to shill, I know the idea behind why they do it, but in reality if they looked at it in practise, the posts just get deleted, and they get a bad reputation. If you look at companies (like Komplett) who do actually pay, they are having great results. In the comp sections, there are lots of non Komplett people who recommend them, or link to them. (and no I don't work for Komplett ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Blowfish wrote:
    I find it amazing that companies bother to shill, I know the idea behind why they do it, but in reality if they looked at it in practise, the posts just get deleted, and they get a bad reputation. If you look at companies (like Komplett) who do actually pay, they are having great results. In the comp sections, there are lots of non Komplett people who recommend them, or link to them. (and no I don't work for Komplett ;))
    Hi all, I found a great site which is related to this thread! Its www.komplett.ie and I think its pretty cool, what do you guys think?

;pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

I think that the potential for backfiring is massive on that one - shill'ing for a company is deceitful and customers dont tend to respond positively to underhand tactics.

Personally I would think twice about buying from a company who do that - also a list of offenders and examples would be handy.

Ps has anybody checked out the new X-fi range of Audio equipment provided by Creative Labs ? Manufactured to the highest standards - Awesome !!

Advertisement