Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

brace yourselves, a tough question.

• 17-04-2006 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

ok, we all knew this was coming but now we have to face it.
    How the hell are we supposed to start studying after a year of sitting on our arses doing nada?
    i'm looking for tips people, make with em.

Click

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I was told to look at your 5th year books during the summer and study them a bit.
    Might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 orlib

When I was in school I did transition year and at the time I thought it was great but, looking back on it it really does upset your study pattern. The best advice I can offer you is when you go back to school in September listen hard in classes, do all your homework well, start making personal notes and study at the end of each chapter study it thoroughly. Also concentrate on end of term exams, in the long-run this will save you alot of stress + study. Dont worry now, you'll settle into a pattern soon enough. Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

I dunno if it'll be a huge problem... I'd say I'll throw myself into the work in September, just cos I'm getting sorta bored of TY...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

You'll get back into it pretty quickly! :o Sink or swim!! :D Just put a bit of effort in every day, and review what you did in class. It really lessens the load in the long-term...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm almost looking forward to fifth year at this point. I may eat these words come september. However, the number of projects we're getting in TY is ridiculous, and tbh, I'd just like some homework which I can do and have done, instead of looming over me due two weeks in the future.
    'Cause of course I'm not gonna do it until right before it's due, and, well, I have five projects due the day I get back from Easter, which is ridiculous.

Grr.

Anyway. Study? During fifth year? Lol?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

clickclick wrote:
    ok, we all knew this was coming but now we have to face it.
    How the hell are we supposed to start studying after a year of sitting on our arses doing nada?
    i'm looking for tips people, make with em.

Click
    Tbh mate, I didn't study in 5th year either. At all. The leaving can really be swotted up in the last few months of 6th year.

I wouldn't worry bout it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

I didn't study before TY screwd if I'm starting now

I know i should study but i just cant, when i sit down with the book open trying to study i get facinated by the smallest thing and end up just sitting there looking at the wall for an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

Fyr.Fytr wrote:
    I didn't study before TY screwd if I'm starting now

I know i should study but i just cant, when i sit down with the book open trying to study i get facinated by the smallest thing and end up just sitting there looking at the wall for an hour
    Agreed. I attempted study maybe once or twice in the week running up to the Junior Cert, but other than that I did **** all. Which is not to say I didn't partake in supervised study. I finished lots of crosswords there, iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

TY destroyed my work ethic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Erm, I advise people to either study or do ALL your homework in 5th year, or be rightly screwed for 6th year, like a certain someone, aka me.

Those of you taking honours Irish for LC, it is a pretty huge step from JC, so pay attention and do the work. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

So the time has come to clear out our lockers throw away all the crap we've accumulated through the year and wave good bye to TY.

So what did you think of the year? Great? Waste of time?

What advice would you give a 3rd year who signed up for TY??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 clickclick

i had a great TY and lets face it, its probably better than going straight into fifth year but it does mess up your study patern. i dont think i ever got a decent bit of homework all year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

I dont think its as hard as people make it out to be. I think what will hit us more our friends that were with us in 3rd year will be in 6th year and be out a year before us TY heads :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

5th year is actually harder than 6th year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MaltEagle

Really? Just put your head into the books from day 1 and everything will be fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

well the more you do in 5th year the better as you will have a lot of the course done for LC year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ganados

I'm just finished the JC after a good bit of study.I'm doing TY in september.Does it mess you up that badly?Hope I don't regret this lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Going to give any reasoning for that statement? Or will the random insulting continue? *cough* I'll ban you again *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

bad cough you have there Flashling, allergic to gob****es? On another topic, I thought this forum would be long dead now, but it is actually semi-alive

Advertisement