Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consultancy service and supply of screens. Good or bad idea?

• 17-04-2006 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I work in supplying screens of various types to events. Somebody has approached me with the idea of providing a home supply service that includes screen purchase but also independent consultancy covering all types of home screens available in the market any particular time. While I have worked extensively with screens and know the technology very well, I know very little of the whole home entertainment scene. What do you think, does it sound like something you'd use as a consumer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

IMHO the average punter hates to pay for 'consultancy' or advise.

Of course there's a market at the top end, but this normaly includes installation as well. I'd be skeptical of people paying even €100 for advice. If you are into this stuff, half the fun is learning about it, and there's plenty of advise to be had free on the net etc.

Most places try to hide their consulting fee in the sale, ie advise and sales (which is where the money is) - probably one option - but then be prepared for those who'll take all the advise for free and then go buy online!

But then again you never know until you try, cheap website, a few flyers bit of word o' mouth and you never know what might happen.

Advertisement