Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod knackered but under warranty. What to do?

Options
  • 17-04-2006 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭

My iPod just went belly up this morning. It had been freezing alot latley and I would have to do numerous resets a day. All that happens now is that I get the sad face iPod icon on the screen when I ry to tun it on. I have tried everything that apple recommend on their site incuding resetting, restoring, different usb slot.... I have come to the conclusion that the hard drive must have packed it in.

I bougt the ipod in New York last july so it is under one year old. When I checked how long was left on the warranty over @ the apple website, it said that the warranty roughly began in april and that I have 12days left. I can only assume that it was back in last april that the apple store in New York recieved the ipod for stock, and thats why it says that I only have approx. 12 days as oppossed to 3 months left on the warranty.I don't think I hve the receipt to actually prove that it was bought in July.

Anyways, I understand that the warranty is worldwide and that at the very least apple stll acknowled that I am under warranty (albeit for 12 days) so what should I do:

Is that apple store still open up near Dawson street and, if so could I just bring it in and get it replaced there and then or at least have them take a look at it and call me back when the have a repair/replacement sorted out for me. Or do I have to go down the painfull road of having a courier pick it up and its get sent away for an indefinate amount of time only to be sent back to me 3 months later.

Has anyone else had experience with dealing with apple in respect fo repairs/replacements under tehir warranty?

I appreciate any suggestions and sorry forr posting another iPod thread but I searched the boards and could'nt really anything similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Firstly your warranty is from the day you bought it. Check your receipt for the exact date.

Go to the apple website and on the support tab there should be an option for repair. Type in your serial codeand address etc and Apple will send you out an empty box. You follow the rest of the instructions on the website and you should have a reformateed ipod back within 2 weeks.

I had to send mine back twice and I had it back within a week both times.

Oha nd ps: I bought mine in the states too but there was no problem returning it. It will be shipped to amsterdam and the whole thing won't cost you a penny.

Good luck

Advertisement