Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOOTIE ACCESS: how long does it take?

Options
  • 17-04-2006 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I've left a soccer access request, ive been a member for 2 months now.

Can any of you tell me how long it takes for a mod to get back to you with a reply?

According to the charter

" * Once a user has read the soccer charter they can post a request in this forum stating that they have read and will comply to the rules of the soccer forum and would like to join the forum.
    * A mod will allow you access to the soccer forum shortly after that."

how long is shortly?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

It takes a minimum of 2 months to become able to access the soccer forum, a mod will usually allow you access a day or two after posting a request to become part of the soccer forum. Provided also that youve behaved yourself elsewhere on boards also! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The football mods probably could tell you, if you tried PMing one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Rockee wrote:
    It takes a minimum of 2 months to become able to access the soccer forum, a mod will usually allow you access a day or two after posting a request to become part of the soccer forum. Provided also that youve behaved yourself elsewhere on boards also! :)

I have been a member for over 2 months now. its been a few days and i havnt heard anything about it yet after my request.

Just to add - I've also behaved!! Thanks for the help though Rockee

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

When I requested access, I had it the same day. There were no pms involved. I think the soccer mods have enough on their plates. Have you tried to post on the soccer forum since you applied for access?

smashey wrote:
    When I requested access, I had it the same day. There were no pms involved. I think the soccer mods have enough on their plates. Have you tried to post on the soccer forum since you applied for access?

Good idea Smashy! i havnt actually tried to post in the soccer forums yet. I was thinking that they would pm me when I have access. Il try posting a message anyway. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

jamesozzie wrote:
    I have been a member for over 2 months now. its been a few days and i havnt heard anything about it yet after my request.

Just to add - I've also behaved!! Thanks for the help though Rockee

Hang in for another couple of days maybe! It'll come...no probs by the way. :)

I still havnt heard from my acces request! going on a week now. quiet annoying but there nothing i can do about it really.

If there is a mod reading this then can they PLEASE give me access

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You did try PM'ing them I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Or even posting would have been a nice experiment for you. I received your pm and then your subsequent apology.

Thanx

Excuse me but i DID post up an access request. if you READ it you would see

• Advertisement

jamesozzie wrote:
    Excuse me but i DID post up an access request. if you READ it you would see

You're excused, now do not do it again. I meant posting on the soccer forum, when you did try you had access, yes ?

I kept trying to post on the soccer forum UNTIL it worked. thats why i put started this thread here

jamesozzie wrote:
    Good idea Smashy! i havnt actually tried to post in the soccer forums yet. I was thinking that they would pm me when I have access. Il try posting a message anyway. Cheers

And yet you said this...

You have access now anyway, this serves no purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jamesozzie wrote:
    I kept trying to post on the soccer forum UNTIL it worked. thats why i put started this thread here
    WTF. Christ its simple enough. You either posted or you didn't.

Advertisement